Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's how I got mine to work. Only I contacted SCT with the problem.

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
Well initially I did but they said it was not their problem, I guess some how they (SCT) must have talked it over and decided to call me back.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sorry for bringing back an old thread but yea,mine's an 04',just got my cts,wont let me manually enter the vin and only has a couple pid's to choose from.Sounds like I get to deal with the hassle now lol.

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Take the edge junk and throw it as far as possible ! I can't wait to get mine off my truck
Unbelievable - all flames and flags with no GUTS to work with .
A scanguage will do way more as far as pid reading but it wont accept egt,s - too bad
Maybe someday a company will make a useful guage that does it all without a hassle.
I was looking at a Banks IQ as a monitor , and can't wade thru all the bull to find out
if theirs will read any pressures + egts etc.
I like the SCT livewire ts , but wan't to keep monitoring seperate from tuning , thus
I run a 3015sct + an EDGE cts for monitoring .
After reading all the s#$%@t people go thru updating their EDGE CS / CTS units , I
won't be doing mine any time soon .
Just had to vent guys .

·
Registered
316 Posts
Take the edge junk and throw it as far as possible ! I can't wait to get mine off my truck
Unbelievable - all flames and flags with no GUTS to work with .
A scanguage will do way more as far as pid reading but it wont accept egt,s - too bad
Maybe someday a company will make a useful guage that does it all without a hassle.
I was looking at a Banks IQ as a monitor , and can't wade thru all the bull to find out
if theirs will read any pressures + egts etc.
I like the SCT livewire ts , but wan't to keep monitoring seperate from tuning , thus
I run a 3015sct + an EDGE cts for monitoring .
After reading all the s#$%@t people go thru updating their EDGE CS / CTS units , I
won't be doing mine any time soon .
Just had to vent guys .
Its a nice product but I just dont get why they just dont set the thing to let you manually put the VIN in?Why is that such a big deal?

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
Well if you can get sct to program the vin into your tuner then ,the pids will show up.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yea thats my next step.What a hassle.

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
I wish I knew the guys name I talked to.Let me look through my emails.

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
Yea thats my next step.What a hassle.
Try these, Aldo Rivera or Adam Gloe @ 866 637 1672 x 291
and they should be able to do a recovery file.
You will have to save
Ur stock file on a hard drive then send it to them.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ok Rob thanks for the info. I called edge and he asked me to read my vin and it was completely different than what was programmed on the truck.SCT is really my only hope I guess.I'll give them a call this week.Thanks again.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well oddly enough after being on hold with SCT for 30 minutes I hung up and hopped in my truck cause I needed to go.I plugged it in for the 2nd time since I bought it and boom,it asked me for a vin number and allowed me to punch it in manually.Couldnt be happier with it.

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
Well that's strange and it seems I do remember that happening once .Well at least it's working.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yea no doubt,I'm just glad I didnt have to go through the whole email thing with SCT lol.Took her for a good run yesterday,measured 26lbs on the boost,all vitals and FICM came in where they should be.I'm stoked.:thumb:

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
What tune are you running ?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Was on a custom tune from innovative.Called them a while back and he set me up with a couple tunes for the powermax.Gonna have him get me a good tow tune for the winter as I haul a toyhauler around alot in the winter.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts