Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Well the 2003s and 2004s were changed in many different ways following with later years, the transmission is also much different as far as solenoid placement goes
The transmission is the same in all 6L's...from '03-07...with only minor changes. The solenoids are placed in the exact same place from '03-07.
Check out the pics in post#9 http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0l-performance-parts-discussion/202758-how-many-people-running-aftermarket-tq-converter.html

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I believe only the 03 and 04's have to enter the VIN...
Yes...my early '04(build date july'03) i had to enter my VIN for my CS

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
My build date was feb 04 and I had to enter the vin too.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
LOL sorry I just can't stop myself from doing this to you guys. (Ben is gonna hate me for this) SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A DASHBOSS!!!

Ok all jokes aside I have heard a lot about the 03-04 that were having problems with monitors reading the PID's because those years the VIN wasn't programmed into the ECM, IIRC the Dashboss had the same problems until they fixed it, I even think that the user had to program the VIN into the unit so that it would pick up the PID's.

I would suggest that it's something along those lines with the VIN not showing up in the unit not allowing the monitor to pull the PID's.

Let us know what you come up with as this is an interesting topic.

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
LOL sorry I just can't stop myself from doing this to you guys. (Ben is gonna hate me for this) SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A DASHBOSS!!!

Ok all jokes aside I have heard a lot about the 03-04 that were having problems with monitors reading the PID's because those years the VIN wasn't programmed into the ECM, IIRC the Dashboss had the same problems until they fixed it, I even think that the user had to program the VIN into the unit so that it would pick up the PID's.

I would suggest that it's something along those lines with the VIN not showing up in the unit not allowing the monitor to pull the PID's.

Let us know what you come up with as this is an interesting topic.
yup i know i read it some place where the dealership can program the vin into the ecm.The crazy thing is there are updates out there for my cts but I am nervous that I will loose some of my current pids,because the last time i did the update,I had to call edge to get them to roll it back to and older version because I lost the important pids.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
yup i know i read it some place where the dealership can program the vin into the ecm.The crazy thing is there are updates out there for my cts but I am nervous that I will loose some of my current pids,because the last time i did the update,I had to call edge to get them to roll it back to and older version because I lost the important pids.
Well worst case scenario is that you have to call them again to roll it back again.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mine is an 07 and done the cutting off and on and not linking up with the truck, I tried differnt tunes and everything and nothing worked except setting it on dodge 6.7. It worked great for about 4 months and then crapped out. I loved it but not working just wasn't working, sent it to edge and they said it was fine. I sold it and will be trying out the dashboss if/when it comes out for droid.

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Mine is an 07 and done the cutting off and on and not linking up with the truck, I tried differnt tunes and everything and nothing worked except setting it on dodge 6.7. It worked great for about 4 months and then crapped out. I loved it but not working just wasn't working, sent it to edge and they said it was fine. I sold it and will be trying out the dashboss if/when it comes out for droid.
It's not going to come out for droid. Go to Gamestop and buy a used iPod Touch for $50 and your good to go after you buy the bluetooth gateway from dashboss.

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
Still haven't gotten anything resolved.. Have yet to get it in with the dealer to give that a try. As far as SCT doing it, 1892FF1785, I think you'll be fine as would I IF they would do it for me..
Did you ever get this resolved?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Did you ever get this resolved?
Yes, I went out on a limb and called SCT back and actually spoke to someone willing to rewrite my stock tune. You have to remote connect with them on the computer and they will pull the file. Took them a few days to get it back, but it's alright it got done in the end. They will remote connect to your computer again after it's done and give you the file back to upload to the SCT. I loaded the new stock file on my truck, plugged the Insight back up and was good to go.

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
Yeah well sct is trying to say its not there problem.i had this issue a few years ago and now again.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I know the feeling.. Just try every few days at different times and hope you get the right person. The guy I talked to in the end that finally did it was cool about it like he'd never been told not to do it.. Told him the issue, told him what people on the .org had told me to do and he said yeah no problem just jump on the computer and go to the website so he can get the stock file.

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
I was on the phone with them yesterday told the guy,when the truck is not tuned all the pids are there,I could manually input my vin,as soon as I load a tune the cts does not recognize my truck.i said its something with the sct,he said nope,not our problem..So I will keep trying...

·
Super Moderator
31,744 Posts
That's not an Sct issue it's a commonly known issue with the cts plug it in and run fusion

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
Maybe it's not for the 05 and up,but for the 03-04 truck it's been and issue and even when updating the issue still exist.i spoke with another gentleman last night he said he had the same problem and once he got in touch with the right person at sct they were able to fix it.

·
Super Moderator
31,744 Posts

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
You know it's all screwed up,I called edge twice, they say to call sct.i was looking back at some older threads and I actually found where I had updated my cts, and lost my pids. I called edge and asked to be put back to the older version and things were ok tuned or not.For so long I would not update my cts because it was working,then the other day I updated and then it happens again when tuned. I think I am going to the dash boss.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I had the same issue with my 04. Edge fixed it....

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
Ok here is the latest. SCT contacted me and they requested to have my stock file.I emailed the stock file and they added my VIN.SCT then had me update my device,after that I had to reload my stock file which added my VIN to ECM.I was then able to load any of my tunes and see all my pids too with the latest firmware from edge.So if anyone has issues with especially 03-04s keep this in mind.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts