Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to start a new thread, but I can't find a positive answer out there. Is everyone running the SCT with the Insight using custom tunes? I installed my Edge Insight CTS about 3 weeks ago and haven't been able to run my SCT SF3 since then because when tuned the CTS doesn't recognize my truck a 6.0L. I see where a lot of people are running this combination, but for me it doesn't work. I was using a canned tune prior to installing the CTS (running stock for the last 3 weeks trying to find an answer). I just want to make sure a custom tune will allow me to run both and that the canned tune is simply the issue before I spend the money buying a custom. If a custom tune is the solution then who do you recommend to buy a tune from? (exhaust is the only "mod" right now so don't need crazy tunes) Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
I run the sct livewire with customs tunes from [email protected] and my edge insight cts. When you unhook your insight you have to select what vehicle the insight is on when you plug it back in.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run the sct livewire with customs tunes from [email protected] and my edge insight cts. When you unhook your insight you have to select what vehicle the insight is on when you plug it back in.
When I have my truck stock I select the 6.0L Ford and have to input the VIN. When I have it flashed with a canned tune I select 6.0L Ford, but it doesn't ask for the VIN and I don't have all the parameters available to monitor everything.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
That is weird I never had to enter a VIN for my. Have you gone into the settings and see what parameters you can read or have you just ween the parameters that come on when you plug the insight in.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I believe only the 03 and 04's have to enter the VIN...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is weird I never had to enter a VIN for my. Have you gone into the settings and see what parameters you can read or have you just ween the parameters that come on when you plug the insight in.
Yes.. when I enter my vin then I have everything that it shows on the sticky for Monitoring the 6.0L.. When I have the programmer on I was only seeing a handful of the parameters.

I believe only the 03 and 04's have to enter the VIN...
Wonder why?..

·
Registered
568 Posts
Well the 2003s and 2004s were changed in many different ways following with later years, the transmission is also much different as far as solenoid placement goes

·
Premium Member
9,156 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well bad news from SCT.. I was finally able to get an answer about getting the VIN number put into my stock file and they said they do not do that. The gentleman said at one time they did, but they aren't doing it because of the risk they take in doing it. They said that their file is probably 99.9% the same as a stock file, but it's still different in some ways and that causes a chance for the new file to not work. I guess I will get in touch with Edge and see what they will do for it..

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok.. called Edge and they said to call SCT.. go figure.. So I gave the dealership a whirl and they said for about $100-150 they will put the latest flash on it and try to put the VIN number in that way, but the guy said he's not even sure if that will do it.. Is there a Ford tech reading this by chance that knows the answer.. If I get the newest flash installed will it put my VIN number onto the PCM so that I can run both the SCT and the CTS?!

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
I had the same issue a few years back,I think edge needs to help you.I have not read all the replys but edge needs to target your unit , so you can put in the vin number manually.I was told the same thing call sct,but edge fixed it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had the same issue a few years back,I think edge needs to help you.I have not read all the replys but edge needs to target your unit , so you can put in the vin number manually.I was told the same thing call sct,but edge fixed it.
They told me there was nothing they could do about it...

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
They told me there was nothing they could do about it...
I will have to look back at some previous messages,but our 03/04 trucks were having issues reading all the pids,now I know for sure with mine edge had to target my unit the cs, ,I had to manually add my vin,after that it always remembered the vin.I also heard you could (as you may have mentioned )go to ford and I thought they can program your vin into . I don't think it was a reflash.

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
Did you get anything resolved ? I did read all the previous post and the link from lil pooh,which was the same issues I had.

·
Registered
27 Posts
SCT inserted my trucks vin into my stock program for me back in May when I bought my SCT/Insight combo. Hopefully I won't have any problem to where I have to change my ECM on my truck.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have an o4 and only had to put the vin in once and I'm running the SCT X3 with custom tunes from IDP and TSD no probs at all.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still haven't gotten anything resolved.. Have yet to get it in with the dealer to give that a try. As far as SCT doing it, 1892FF1785, I think you'll be fine as would I IF they would do it for me..

1 - 20 of 55 Posts