Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The company truck is a F-650 with a 6.0 and 27.000 miles. So far the repairs were covered but now there not. Just had the third turbo problem This is the second new turbo and one cleaning has been done. The turbo starts sticking after about 6.000 miles from repairs were made. Since ford turned down the repair bill the last time we need for a way for longer lasting turbos or a solution to fix the problem.
If you can give any help it would be great.
So far we have had repaired
1.wire harness
1 egr cooler
1.egr valve cleaned
1. plugged up converter
1.turbo cleaned.
1.oil line
2.egr valves replaced.
2.new turbos

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ford said the warranty was only two years. I thought it was five years or 100.000 miles.

·
Registered
597 Posts
was this the dealer, or Ford themselves. Also it sounds like the truck idles a lot.. If so you need to either not let the truck idle, or perform high idle mod.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
sounds like a lemon to me

·
Registered
227 Posts
sound like the truck idles way to much or the driver does not let the truck idle, after a hard run, before shut down. Add a Pyro and do not shut the engine off tell it reaches 400 or under.

The engine should still be under warranty. Like stated 5yr 100,000 miles

·
Registered
380 Posts
Fast idle is your friend. Don't baby it. Turn it off if you don't have to let it idle for a specific reason.

What kind of diesel fuel are you all using? High sulfur off-road diesel will clog up the turbo vanes in a hurry.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Diesel is low sulfur. Ford is who turned down the repair bill. The truck doesn't idle for a long period of time even in winter time because I have read long idles will gum up the egr valve.
I have just started to leave idle for 5-10 min after a trip. I was not letting idle after a run because of truckers I asked who said they do not idle after wards.

·
Registered
597 Posts
what's the gvw on this truck??

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I would call and ask them to provide SOUND reasoning on why they are not honoring the 5yr/100000miles Diesel Engine Warranty

·
Registered
597 Posts
i figured 13K was bit light. So with that said, I know this particular 6.0 is going to working it's *** off night and day just to keep this thing moving. I wonder if the 5/100 also applies to "commercial" vehicles in "severe" duty. I'm sure Ford has some clause for this.... Not trying to back Ford up, just thinking on how, or why they would try to weasel out of the warranty work. Have you tried taking the truck to another dealer?

·
Registered
75 Posts
What is your oil change interval, and what kind of oil are you useing? I would definately find out from Ford why they are denying warranty.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The F650/F750 basic warranty is 2 years unlimited mileage but certain emission parts have a 5yr/100,000 mile warranty here is a copy of that warranty if you have problems getting warranty work try calling Ford Cust. Care 1-800-392-3673

FEDERAL EMISSIONS DEFECT WARRANTY
Under the Federal Emissions Defect Warranty, Ford warrants to you, the
owner of any 2006-model F-650/F-750 truck with a Ford diesel engine, that:
• Your truck was designed, built, and equipped to conform, at the time it was
sold, with the emissions regulations of the U.S. Environmental Protection
Agency (EPA).
• Your truck is free from defects in factory-supplied materials and workmanship
that would cause it to fail to conform with applicable EPA regulations.
• You will not be charged for repair, replacement, or adjustment of defective
emissions-related parts listed in this section (pages 13-14).
WHAT IS COVERED?
Trucks with Ford diesel engines are provided Federal Emissions Defect
Warranty for 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
The following is a general list of components that are covered by the Federal
Emissions Defect Warranty. If you would like more detailed information
concerning specific parts covered by this warranty, ask your dealer.
For trucks with Ford diesel engines, the warranty covers:
• Charge air cooler
• Electronic engine control sensors and switches
• Fuel injection system
• Fuel injector driver module
• Fuel pump
• Intake manifold
• Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) system
• Oil filler cap
• Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
• Turbocharger assembly
• Emissions-related bulbs, hoses, clamps, belts, tubes, gaskets, seals, brackets,
connectors, and wiring harnesses used in the above systems

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The oil gets changed every 7.000 miles by a ford dealer. Today I stopped at a different ford dealer and was told he new no reason why ford would turn down repairs. 5 yr or 100.000 miles is what he said.
I am wondering if the dealer who repairs this truck really did talk to ford

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We can do that with the oil. The Ford dealer told me oil changes for diesels is 6.000 - 8.000 miles. If the people on this forum agrees with sooner oil changes we will do it. I will be gone for five days and will read more when I get back.

Thanks for all the info.
P.S. Should there be a warm up idle before the truck goes on a run?

·
Registered
597 Posts
no, not extended warm up. A minute or so is fine, but just don't beat on it until it's up to operating temp.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts