Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove and replace my original headlight bulbs. But I can't figure out how to remove the housing enough to get to the bulb from the back.

- 4 screws on the top of the grille already taken out, so that the grille is loose.
- 2 screws on top of headlight housing already taken out.
- 2 screws on the bottom of the headlight housing...can't get to them :dunno:

I saw a video of someone using a socket wrench slid between the bumper and the light to get to the screws. That won't work for me. There's not nearly enough gap on my truck to get anything in.

I tried from underneath the bumper, but there isn't enough room in front of the screw once i get the socket to where it needs to be. Any ideas? I just want to replace bulbs. This should only take me 20 minutes lol :banghead:

·
Registered
558 Posts
I had I pull off my front bumper, not too big of a deal

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had I pull off my front bumper, not too big of a deal
Hmm that doesn't sound fun. I bet that would take me a looooong time with how bad I am with simple tools. lol
I'll check under the bumper when I have time...see how hard it's gonna be to remove. haha

·
Registered
558 Posts
It's four bolts around the tow hooks,
It doesn't have to be completely removed just loosen all the bolts and it should swing down about 4"

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's four bolts around the tow hooks,
It doesn't have to be completely removed just loosen all the bolts and it should swing down about 4"
Oh really? I will try this tomorrow hopefully. That would definitely be enough room. Thanks!

I go directly in between the bumper and head light.
That's the gap that doesn't work for me. It's not large enough and is slightly out of alignment with the screws (screws are a little down from the gap ). I know the bumper has been taken off before by the previous owner. So I guess when that happened, it wasn't put on in the exact same position. I'll try to reinstall it properly when i fix my lights. lol

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: I ended up loosening and slightly pulling out the bumper as was suggested. It worked, but it was still a b*tch to do (for me, at least). When I put the bumper back on and tightened everything, the proper gap between the lights and the bumper was restored. Whoever put it on last time messed up badly, lol. Looks much better now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts