Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the bottle, FICM, and wiring harness out of the way. I pulled a 2 wire plug on what I thought was the ICP, but it isn't. I can't see anything else with a wire connected to it.

It's a 2006 F-350, thanks.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I thought the same thing. I had it all taken apart like you and didn't find it. I looked down on the valve cover and there it was.

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
From what I have read I thought it was on the drivers side, back, under the FICM
You might have had the ICP confused with the IPR, which is on the HPOP cover behind and lower than the turbo.
The '03s have the ICP and the IPR on the HPOP cover, that changed in 04 when the oil rails changed to the new "wavy" style.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have oil in the valley and leaking down the backside of the engine and bell housing. It's not much, and only drips after I have been driving it for a while. Sometimes it takes 8-10 seconds of cranking to start, and occasionally the batteries run down. Is it the HPOP? Is that an expensive fix?

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
It might be a leak on the IPR valve if it isn't tight, but that is pretty rare.
You might have a leaking o-ring on the turbo oil drain tube. That fix is cheap ($7.44 plus shipping through Tousley Ford). CLICK to see what the Turbo mounting hardware kit looks like.
If the turbo has been recently removed for whatever reason, and someone did not replace the o-rings on the drain tube, or did replace them but inserted the tube too deep into the HPOP cover and then pulled it back out, that could nick an o-ring resulting in a leak.
Of course, to replace the o-rings, the turbo has to come out first.
Also, one other place to check is the turbo oil supply line connection. That is the line that is connected to the top of the turbo. Follow it down from the turbo to the oil cooler cover. It also has an o-ring that might leak, though that is also pretty rare.

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
While your checking those out, look at the sensors screwed into the oil cooler cover. Occasionally they fail and allow oil to leak through them.
Check the oil filter cap too. There is an o-ring on the cap that should be replaced every time you change the filter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts