Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to install a new EGR Cooler hose on my truck, and cannot get it on no matter what I do. It does have a delete kit(which I believe to be Sinister Diesel), and I'm trying to put an OEM hose on. Is that the problem? Are there tricks to putting it on?

·
Registered
976 Posts
It's kinda tricky but not really. Slides forward and turns to lock in place. Been a few years since I did it. Picture from manual but not really helpful. Link is to Diesel Tech Ron video.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
I bend the hose and side it onto the coolant pipe on the cooler and slide it back. Install the cap then slide the hose onto the cap.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bend the hose and side it onto the coolant pipe on the cooler and slide it back. Install the cap then slide the hose onto the cap.
Does it just slide right on? No matter how much force or how much oil I put on it, it’ll only go so far.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Does it just slide right on? No matter how much force or how much oil I put on it, it’ll only go so far.
If you mean the hose going onto the cooler tube, yes, it won't slide on all the way or 100% if that is your issue. I am assuming you are removing the connector cap from the oil cooler and are trying to sneak them both back on. Another way I have done this is to install the tube on the cap, bend the tube and wedge it onto the EGR cooler tube.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I might be off, but I have never seen or heard of an aftermarket EGR delete retaining the factory push to lock hose. Every one I’ve installed, I’ve used good American made hose clamps and 3/4” tubing. The nipple on the oil cooler side is a little smaller than the new J tubes, so I install the J tube side first, push it onto the oil cooler, and start the bolts through the intake to lock it down while I tighten the clamp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts