Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
Tell us a bit about your truck (mods, maintenance history, how long you've owned it, etc.). That might help.

There are literally 15-20 places that oil could be coming from on that engine. Gotta climb up there and get things cleaned off first. Then start poking around with a mirror and a good light while someone starts the truck. If it's really pouring out as you say, it shouldn't be that hard to find!

Good luck and keep us posted.

-jokester

·
Premium Member
11,854 Posts
I've got $1 on the oil pressure switch. Right behind the filter housing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
the 03's had a oil feed line to the turbo with a braided section as opposed to later models which have a smooth tube all the way. The old ones with the braid are apt to leak and it would be a pressure leak too. lots of oil. Check that. The ICP sensor on the 03 is on the back of the engine and would not necessarily leak onto the top. (but could). Now, if it is the oil line, you will have to upgrade to the later style line. Sometimes, not all ways, you will have to upgrade the oil cooler housing top because the some apparently don't have an o-ring slip-in fitting with a hold down bolt, or at least , that's what is said. My 03 does accept the newer oil line.
In case of the ICP sensor, if it is the sensor, leaking that bad, oil would be on the rear of the engine on the drivers side.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had an oil leak, just like above - man was it hell finding the source. I was using about two quarts of oil every 5k miles. Oil coming down the front and back of the engine - but never a drop in the driveway. It turned out to be the oil cooler check valve/3C3Z-6K702-AA. A $20 part that drove me crazy finding the leak. I splurged and purchased the cover also/3C3Z6K702BA: $3.99 on eBay.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,601 Posts
That is a Parker test fitting, you can use a plug in it's place or get one at your local hydraulic shop

That is the port where you test the low pressure pump -- on the front of the oil cooler housing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.