Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 03 ford f250 with the 6.0 I'm having trouble nailing down some problems with it. If i dont drive it everyday it doesnt want to start. It cranks good but it stutters and then finally goes. I thought it was glow plugs but they all test good. I pulled the egr valve and it s working, so i cleaned it and put it back in. I've changed filters, checked my high pressure oil pump and ran diagnostics on the injectors. The only other thing i can think of is the injector harness. This is my first diesel and i've only had it about a year. just a little frustrated.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
what is your FICM voltage it can also be the dummy plugs on the injector rails and check the ICP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the FICM is the module on the left valve cover? and ICP not sure where it is and i had no idea that there was dummy plugs on the injector rail.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I highly recomend follow this link DTS Articles - Coffee Table Books download the 2003 coffe table book commonly called the 6.0 bible. An exellent resource for a 6.0 owner.
NOTE: Hope ya have cable it's a 11mb download.
Save it to your hardrive for future reference.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you everyone that helped me i am workin on all your suggestions

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Load test the batteries prior to testing ficm. I think your batteries are crap, and it's probably killing your ficm. Get a monitor on that truck, I use edge insight cts.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts