Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know what to do next for my truck..I'm deciding between a tw chip and a repaint. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
my opinion on any thing I have ever worked on was....cd player the day i get it if not factory installed, then motor out...Example..fix up the motor, then do the interior, the rims/tires, then save up and do the paint job right. O and def. do a TW chip I love mine.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea it would probably be less expensive for the chip too but id definately go with tw or dp. I just hate my two tone paint...

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea I figured most people would say a chip. The only thing I'm hesitant about for putting a custom chip in is that I just had some work done with the engine to fix some oil leaks and a diesel leak and I also had to replace my front differential which was over 3K, I'm just worried about toastin my engine putting a chip in

·
Registered
136 Posts
after doing that maintenence i think youll be good w/ a chip and a set of gauges you shouldnt have any problems b/c of the chip if you watch your gauges

·
Registered
888 Posts
I just had some work done with the engine to fix some oil leaks and a diesel leak and I also had to replace my front differential which was over 3K,
$3K??? for a Front End Dana 50TTB???? You can find those all day and night in junk yards for no where NEAR that, we are talking maybe $200! :doh:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
double doh!!! :doh: :doh:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$3K??? for a Front End Dana 50TTB???? You can find those all day and night in junk yards for no where NEAR that, we are talking maybe $200! :doh:
yea it was a whole new front end though and it came with new ball joints and everything. We tried looking for a junk yard one but coulnd't find any

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I would honestly do the repaint first, thats what I did I hated my two tone purple and white paint on mine so I did the repaint on mine then did a chip

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'd do the paint or some tranny work first. I've got two friends with chips, 05 front ends, 20" rims, propane and every mod but tranny work and both their trucks are sitting in the garage because they cant afford a transmission yet that will hold up to it. Throw 2k at a good torque converter and a valve body with a deep pan and synthetic or paint unless you're going to go with a mild chip. Definitely not as fun ( i know) but a lot smarter in the long run.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea I'm not a big fan of the two tone paint and I think it would look sick all white de-badged with a nice billet grill or something...you can always add power..and yea i can't afford a new tranny either which is why the only reason im debating. If I had a 5 speed I'd do the chip in a heart beat

1 - 14 of 14 Posts