Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone point me to the right thread, Search hasn't been my friend today.

2004 F350 6.0L Diesel Stock no mods
With increasing frequency I am unable move the gear selector from the Park position. Stepping on the brake and turning the steering wheel has had some limited success. Sometimes turning off and restarting has helped.

How does the mechinism work that prevents shifting out of park unless the brake pedel is depressed? Can I adjust something or is it electronic?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
There is a fuse that controls a solenoid and if that fuse is out, you cannot shift out of park. Being an intermittent problem, I would point to the solenoid. I am not sure exactly where the solenoid is but I'm sure someone else does. :bump: for ya

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
There is a linkage adjuster in the steering column...

not an expert on this, but a chilton or haynes manual should have the info in it.

I'm sure there are some threads on adjusting, but I'm not sure if this is your problem :dunno:

Hope you get it worked out

here is a bump anyway! :thumb:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill check the chilton manual. Any other suggestions appreciated

·
Registered
813 Posts
Are your brake lights working? You could have a brake light switch with poor contacts that is on its way out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found a small blurb in the Chilton manual.
Brake lights OK, No click when pedel depressed. Power both sides of actuator.
Need to replace the Shift Interlock Actuator.
Is there another name I can look for when searching for parts? Im striking out searching on the ford parts site.
Oh and where does everyone order parts from. Is there a particular website you like?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Luckily I haven't had to order too many parts so I haven't dealt with anyone. I would try to find a tech on here that will help you, or better yet run by the dealer and talk to the parts guy at the desk (tell him you need to get the part you are looking for and want to get the part number) Once you get that number, I'm sure you will be able to find someone online cheaper than them to get it from unless its one of those rare solo OEM replacement parts which I doubt.

Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts