Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tuner from a 6.0 powerstroke and wanted to know if it would tune a 7.3 powerstroke, does anyone know if this would even work

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
No. These engines are two totally different beasts.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, just wondering because i saw on some tuners that could tune different powerstrokes, example: you would have an option of the 6.4, or the 6.7, but for the 6.0 or 7.3 they were put in the same selection like in the picture( i know its a sct x4 tuner in the picture and i have an x3) so why cant a 6.0 tuner tune a 7.3?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Okay, just wondering because i saw on some tuners that could tune different powerstrokes, example: you would have an option of the 6.4, or the 6.7, but for the 6.0 or 7.3 they were put in the same selection like in the picture( i know its a sct x4 tuner in the picture and i have an x3) so why cant a 6.0 tuner tune a 7.3?
to give you a more accurate answer, yes it will program a 7.3 but it won't program YOUR 7.3 (I'm assuming you're a OBS as it's posted in the OBS forum.) this programer is setup to work with OBDII, which was introduced in vehicles 96 or newer putting the OBS out of that category. Therefore it will program a 99-03 7.3, however it will not program an OBS system.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use my Spartan Ndash for my 6.4 to monitor gauges and scan codes on my 7.3 OBS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts