Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Home & Community
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please listen and offer any suggestions on what this sound is from? It began recently and is not there all the time. It's a whining sound?

Thanks,
Gary

·
Super Moderator
19,758 Posts
I don't know what the sound is or where it's coming from - but I have similar sound on my '01 (mine doesn't seem as loud, but I haven't recorded it either). From the video, it sounds like it's coming from somewhere in front of you. Yes? Have you tried stepping on the brake while it's doing it? I ask because my noise changes slightly when I step on the brake. I haven't had a chance to get out to track it down. Having said this, I don't know if our noises are the same, but they do sound similar.

Reactions: stratertele

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
It's a wild guess but you might check the power steering fluid level. Only takes a few seconds to rule it out.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Im voting its power steering related. But hard to tell

·
Home & Community
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a wild guess but you might check the power steering fluid level. Only takes a few seconds to rule it out.
I'm going to check this....funny thing, I installed an S&B Cold Air and can't removed the power steering dipstick without removing the tube between the Cold Air and Turbo. I'm going to replace the dry filter which is due and check the steering fluid this week.

Reactions: Spirit
1 - 6 of 6 Posts