Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the HPOP cover off my truck to replace the HPOP and found these two oval shaped metal check balls(?) inside the cover when I tipped it over. There are impact gouge marks where it looks like they ping ponged around hitting the top of the hpop cover. I searched the interweb to figure out where they came from to no avail. Anyone know what these fell out of??
Grey Wood Font Electric blue Asphalt

·
Registered
06 6.0 drw 635 rwhp (retired) 08 KR build in progress
418 Posts
There are a couple of round balls that can come out of the early style hpop. Those two you found are certainly interesting

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm…I’ve got the early style Hpop as I have an early 2004 build. The round ball on the side of the hpop is still there. I do have micro metal shavings in the oil from the grenaded hpop.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Curious to see if someone can identify. I literally just removed my HPOP cover yesterday on my 03 and identified a bad O-ring at the top of the pump.. Where exactly in the HPOP valley did you find these? I wonder if I should take a second look..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Curious to see if someone can identify. I literally just removed my HPOP cover yesterday on my 03 and identified a bad O-ring at the top of the pump.. Where exactly in the HPOP valley did you find these? I wonder if I should take a second look..
There is a riveted metal cover on top of the interior portion of the hpop cover, presumably the ipr valley. They were rattling around in there and was able to tilt the cover and they fell out. I thought I would have everything put back together yesterday, but I'll be dammed if I didn't break a pin on injector 8 harness. So now waiting on a new injector solenoid...

·
Premium Member
7,663 Posts
Those look like what used to be the thrust bearing rollers for the pump -- usually the excess parts stay inside the pump housing when the pump fails

Reactions: bismic
1 - 6 of 6 Posts