Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at my first Super Duty truck... loving the 2012 F250 Lariet Super Crews.

I need 6 seatbelts to accomodate my wife + 4 kids. We won't ride that way often... but on long vacations where we tow the boat 500+ miles, I need the entire family to fit.

I really want a Lariet because I like the technology goodies, leather, etc. But my dealer is telling me they don't make the the Lariet with the front bench seat. Is that true?? I realize they may be rare, but could the truck be ordered that way?

I really don't want an XLT.

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Get a Lariat... Swap cloth seats in the front... Put on some seat covers to hide the difference!

That is what I might be doing sooner or later. No way am I going back to an XLT

·
Registered
37 Posts
I really wanted a King Ranch. In fact I had the wife convinced we needed a King Ranch. I was going to buy a King Ranch. That was it. No questions about it, we were getting a King Ranch. Badda Bing. No mere Lariat. And God forbid a XLT!
I traded in my 2006 Diesel Lariat. Gotta go up, right!
After spending hours using the 'Built It Now' feature on Fords website, I found myself asking, "What was I paying for in the King Ranch" verses a loaded XLT. My final breakdown was I wanted the leather seats and the King Ranch emblems from the King Ranch. Period. That was it. All the other featutres I wanted and needed I could get on an XLT. So, I bought an XLT with verything I wanted, (FX4, locking axle, tow package, power mirrors, center consol, Sirius, SYNC, etc) except leather seats of course.
I personally couldn't see spending 10 grand for leather seats.
I'm just sayin.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I really wanted a King Ranch. In fact I had the wife convinced we needed a King Ranch. I was going to buy a King Ranch. That was it. No questions about it, we were getting a King Ranch. Badda Bing. No mere Lariat. And God forbid a XLT!
I traded in my 2006 Diesel Lariat. Gotta go up, right!
After spending hours using the 'Built It Now' feature on Fords website, I found myself asking, "What was I paying for in the King Ranch" verses a loaded XLT. My final breakdown was I wanted the leather seats and the King Ranch emblems from the King Ranch. Period. That was it. All the other featutres I wanted and needed I could get on an XLT. So, I bought an XLT with verything I wanted, (FX4, locking axle, tow package, power mirrors, center consol, Sirius, SYNC, etc) except leather seats of course.
I personally couldn't see spending 10 grand for leather seats.
I'm just sayin.
I hear ya, and I've wondered the same. The cloth seats are not really my hang up on the XLT. I figure I can add aftermarket leather for $1,000 and probably nicer than factory (e.g. different color stitching, piping, etc.). But can you get the full factory Nav package in the XLT? What about heated and cooled seats? Power fold mirrors? I'll have to look into it.

I did stumble across this last night... a 2011 Lariet with front bench seat!

2011 Used Ford Super Duty F-350 Lariat at Watts Automotive Serving Salt Lake City & Provo, IID 9268905

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I did stumble across this last night... a 2011 Lariet with front bench seat!

You should have no problem finding or ordering a Lariat with the split front seat, they are not rare at all :)

I have one and love it because it will fit 6 adults with no problem! As long as everyone gets along together :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
mine is a lariat, with all the options, moon roof, leather seats, heated and cooled seats, fx4, nav system, two tone, back up camara, six passanger, locker diff,chrome package,upfitter switches, ladder on tail gate,remote factory start, garage opener on visor, memory seats, its called the ultimate lariat, everything that the king ranch has but its seats six, and all have shoulder belts and head rests.what so nice is that i have more leg room from not having the center councel. the main reason i didnt want a center councel is that i was in a head on collision , i almost lost my legs, if i had a center councel i would have lost both legs!!!, the extra room gave my legs a escape route, yes my legs got pushed toward the passager seat!!! i would never owened a truck that has a center councel.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i forgot to mention, i did alot of research on the main three( gm, dodge, ford) front head on crash test, and guess why i bought the f250? ,the f250 rank first in crash test(front), dodge was second, chevy last!, i was in a wheel chair for 4 months, guess what i was driving?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts