Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first 6.0 after years of drooling and dreaming of owning one. This truck is pretty clean but there are a few things that need to be addressed starting with this thing plug. Can someone tell me what is supposed to go where that XDP plate is next to the oil filter? I'm new to diesels and I'm learning as I go with this truck.

·
Registered
533 Posts
You can find pictures and diagrams of components on your engine on google....
And looking at your pic, do a little reading about oil filter caps.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already bought an OEM oil filter cap and a Motorcaft oil filter because I saw all the issues that aftermarket ones can have on these engines.

As for the pictures online, I have found some and it looks to be some sort of sensor but I have no clue what it's for.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
I just bought my first 6.0 after years of drooling and dreaming of owning one. This truck is pretty clean but there are a few things that need to be addressed starting with this thing plug. Can someone tell me what is supposed to go where that XDP plate is next to the oil filter? I'm new to diesels and I'm learning as I go with this truck. View attachment 768061

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the EGR delete has been done then, guess one less thing I have to do to this truck. Appreciate all the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts