Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a chip in my truck that was there when I bought it but I know nothing about it, other than my transmission doesn't shift when I want it to and when it does it slams the gears pretty hard. I know there are lots of tuners on here, can any of you do a retune on it and if so how much?

Late 99 PSD
Auto
2wd
intake
4" exhaust

I really just want an economy tune but will occasionally tow a boat with the truck.

Thanks in advance!

Justin

·
Registered
726 Posts
What kind chip like the old m m chips that plug right on the computer?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it plugs directly into the computer. No cable or anything, just plugs straight in there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
if its shifting bad i would take it out. better to run stock than to run with no transmission later

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not shifting bad, just hard and at what I would consider too high an RPM for my old man driving style. I know that auto transmissions shifting fast and hard doesn't create as much heat as smoothly slipping the gears so I don't think it could do any real damage, just doesn't feel right.

·
Registered
90 Posts
well then i would at least pull the chip and drive around for a day or two, if you liked it better the other way then put it back, no biggie. If its shifting at high rpms and very hard then it sounds like that chip is set up for towing applications. just my guess

·
Registered
726 Posts
I think Jody from dp tuner can put a tune on it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts