Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i have a 2006 f250 4x4 and i think i have a rancho lift kit as i bought the truckwith the lift installed, anyways all i know is that its a red kit and it has the factory radius arms...now i plan on putting 37s on 20s now what can i do to my "assuming its a rancho so its a 4" kit to make it a 6" lift kit?? or can i fit 37s with my current set up thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?????

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
well, you can't fit 37's under a 4" without some trimming and you'd still have rubbing. I have 36's on a 4.5" and i rub a little. About stretching to a 6", i'm sure you could do it if you pieced the right pieces together for it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cant i just get a 2" leveling spacer and put it on the top?? and run anoth 1 or 2" block in the rear??

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
could you... Yes

But you have to check and make sure it dont throw off your steering geometry off

As for the blocks in the rear, its not a good idea to stack them. Just buy one larger singe block.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
could you... Yes

But you have to check and make sure it dont throw off your steering geometry off

As for the blocks in the rear, its not a good idea to stack them. Just buy one larger singe block.
yup, you could, but your front end might be off, your steering may be off. There are components included in a 6" that are not included in a 4".

·
Registered
924 Posts
There are a few guys on here running 37's on just a leveling kit with no rubbing. You can run them with your 4" lift. The issue isn't as much the lift as it is the width of the tire and offset of the wheels.

If your 4" lift included a pitman arm, you should be able to add a 2" spring spacer (leveling kit) to the front and then change shocks. If not you may be able to also add a pitman arm from a 6" lift kit. Not knowing exactly what lift you have makes it all a guess.

What you do out back will depend on what your 4" lift included. First, your 4" lift probably only had about 2-1/2" in the rear. They do that to level the stance a little. If it was raised by a block I would not recomend a taller block, 3" block is the most I would run personally and people generally say 4" blocks are the limit and you should use traction bars if you go that high on just blocks. If your 4" lift used new rear springs or an add-a-leaf you should have no problem installing a block for 2" higher.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
anyone on here run the rancho 4 inch kit for a 05-07? Just got an 07 and I know a guy with an 06 with this kit and he seems to like it..i like how it sits and its not gunna kill the bank. anyone??

·
Registered
141 Posts
anyone on here run the rancho 4 inch kit for a 05-07? Just got an 07 and I know a guy with an 06 with this kit and he seems to like it..i like how it sits and its not gunna kill the bank. anyone??
I have the 4" Rancho lift on my truck and it has been a great lift since I bought the truck. the lift came on it from the factory. I have put some abuse too it and it still is staying strong. I switched to a 6" ICON block out back and installed a 1" ICON TEI spacer to add some height. The truck still sits the same and gives me a taller stance. For the money, I dont think you can beat it, but I know there are lifts out there that are better quality like ICON, Rize, etc. I have some bolt on OUO traction bars on the way to add to things.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
ya i mean id love a carli kit but 5 grand and 19 years old isnt meshing too well ha..but ya it seems like a pretty solid kit for wut they cost. Thanks for your info!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts