Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
putting that new turbo on, can i the waste gate off my new one, and put it in with out it?
:bump: cause I dunno but that would make me NERRRVOUS. The wastegate delete mod makes a pretty good difference

·
Registered
959 Posts
what new turbo are you getting? The waste gate is part of the turbine housing. If you remove the actuator it will just flop open. Besides the wastegate is there for a reason. Leave it on and hooked up and it will work better.

·
Registered
959 Posts
plug it in and let it work properly. I think if you run with it unplugged you will find it works better when it's working properly.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Geoff is a big wastegate proponant... Arnt ya!

I have had my wastegate locked down tight for years, seems to work just fine! as well as the 38r having a 1.15 with no wastegate...

·
Registered
959 Posts
Geoff is a big wastegate proponant... Arnt ya!

I have had my wastegate locked down tight for years, seems to work just fine! as well as the 38r having a 1.15 with no wastegate...
You could say that Joe. If you still had the wastegate on there I'd challange you to hook it back up and see what happens.

The 1.15 housing doesn't necessarily NEED a gate because it's so big to begin with. You just have to deal with the slower spool. It's funny how the '94-'97 guys start off with the 1.15 and go down to a 1.0 or .84 housing to get the spool up better but the SD guys have this notion that they need to go from their .84 wastegated housing up to a 1.15 non gated housing. :doh: I guess as with most things online popular opinion is fact weather it actually works or not.:dunno:

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
You could say that Joe. If you still had the wastegate on there I'd challange you to hook it back up and see what happens.

The 1.15 housing doesn't necessarily NEED a gate because it's so big to begin with. You just have to deal with the slower spool. It's funny how the '94-'97 guys start off with the 1.15 and go down to a 1.0 or .84 housing to get the spool up better but the SD guys have this notion that they need to go from their .84 wastegated housing up to a 1.15 non gated housing. :doh: I guess as with most things online popular opinion is fact weather it actually works or not.:dunno:

I dont know, I love the way the X drives with stock injectors and the 1.15... I also loved the 1.15 on the hybrids and my truck...

But the new turbo (T-70!!!) doesnt have one!!!:thumb: BTW, Ordering on Monday!!!

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
the pedestal that the turbo sits on, i took that rod out and plugged the whole.
I assume you know that has nothing to do with the wastegate??? That is for your EBPV...

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
hehe. I've been unplugged on my wastegate for 3 months and I love it. the turbo sppols faster and boost higher and the truck generally runs better now that the waste gate isn't leaking down.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
hehe. I've been unplugged on my wastegate for 3 months and I love it. the turbo sppols faster and boost higher and the truck generally runs better now that the waste gate isn't leaking down.
Right oh. I've unplugged mine and plugged the line over the IC boot bolt stud, and I also plugged the gate "nipple" with a rubber cap thing and a zip strip. Doesn't boost HIGHER just much faster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts