Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the truck run ok if i have to drive to town and back with no exhaust on? open downpipe?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
yeah you should be fine. my exhaust is cut right at the cab and i run it that way all the time.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool.. cause theres no way im paying 300 bucks for a delete pipe when i can have one made for hella cheaper at this exhaust shop in town

·
Registered
117 Posts
well this thread just answered a question i had in my head. thanks jeff

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you have a 6L tho with no DPF... im just wondering if the DPF sensors will be ok etc?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
do you plan to just let them dangle under the truck?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Do not run your 08 without the dpf and doc in there on stock programing, wait till you get your tunes, load them then drive it over there without everything. Could be fine, but could end up in constant regen if you leave stock tuning on there.

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
Do not run your 08 without the dpf and doc in there on stock programing, wait till you get your tunes, load them then drive it over there without everything. Could be fine, but could end up in constant regen if you leave stock tuning on there.
What he said:thumb:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Why not just drive there and have the tuner ready and have them make one then load the tune when the pipe is on?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Probably because the dpf gets so hot and he needs to let it cool down before taking it off I would guess. All you have to do is load your tune, drop your exhaust, and zip tie all the sensors somewhere safe to the frame or something.....make sure you have the sensors plugged in though.

·
Registered
641 Posts
ok cool.. cause theres no way im paying 300 bucks for a delete pipe when i can have one made for hella cheaper at this exhaust shop in town
What kind of exhaust are they building you? 4", 5" SS? You can get a downpipe back flo-pro exhaust for pretty darn cheap.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm going to run a banks dual exhaust.. But if you havent noticed 300.00$ or whatever it is for a cat/dpf delete pipe is a little ridic. 4 inch piping is 6$ a foot. I maybe need what 5 feet? so 30 bucks in piping and the guys at soem muffler shop will bolt it up for a couple bucks and make a flange for some cash no recipt... soo why pay 300 when i can pay 75 bucks

What kind of exhaust are they building you? 4", 5" SS? You can get a downpipe back flo-pro exhaust for pretty darn cheap.

·
Registered
641 Posts
It's not exactly just a straight 5' piece, they will need to bend it, which I'm sure they will charge you extra for, then you will have to buy all the fittings for the sensors as well as the flange, make sure the tab and the pressure sensor fitting are in the perfect position so you can bolt the sensor on it and have it slide over the fitting, then weld in hangers in the perfect position. But if they can do a good job go for it man! Do you already have the banks exhaust? Flo-pro makes a downpipe back dual exhaust as well, all of their stuff is pretty cheap and great fit and everything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts