Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 stroke with sct tunes. I have my old banks six gun with pda. Can I put the six gun in on stock and still run my sct. Just curious for the pda gauge display?

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I dont think so. You could try it by just plugging in the OBDII connector without the signal wires from the sixgun, but you definately will not be able to get EGT's as the signal passes through the sixgun.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Not something I would mess with. In the long run you're better off selling the Six-gun w/ PDA and getting an Edge Insight. A number of reasons for this. 1) You'll be able to get the EGT probe and Fuel Pressure with the Edge. 2) You'll have the FICM pid with the edge. 3) There won't be any electrical/software issues of trying to use the PDA without the Six-Gun.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just figures if I had the six gun in and wired and left in stock wouldn't be an issue? And could use my sct still that's all.. but it wouldn't work?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would hook up the six gun completely just would run 6 gun on stock then upload the sct back on

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Not a good idea, a simple interface mistake, and you've stacked chips. (Which will only tear your truck up.)

Best thing to do is get rid of the PDA and get yourself the right monitor.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I would hook up the six gun completely just would run 6 gun on stock then upload the sct back on
if you are going to use it for gauges, make sure the banks is completely unhooked from the truck when you program it with the sct. I would just get rid of it tho. Its to much of a hassle when changing tunes and there is a chance it will modify the tune still.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I have an 06 stroke with sct tunes. I have my old banks six gun with pda. Can I put the six gun in on stock and still run my sct. Just curious for the pda gauge display?
You can, but I think along with all the other posts on this thread we are all in agreement that you should get rid of the Banks and buy a data monitor like the Edge Insight CTS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts