Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what this part is called and somewhere I can buy it?? A use one?? Thank you! It's the yellow part to the right of the fuel filter housing.

·
Registered
496 Posts
i cant see your pics, but are you talking about the drain valve for the fuel bowl?? it has a little yellow handle that you turn to drain the fuel out of the bowl. if thats it - then yes.. but like i said - i cannot see your pics

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it's not it is on the right side of the fuel filter hOusing. It's where the fuel comes in at the whole piece. Mine has a crack in it. I can email you pic? I can't seem to figure out how to upload pic with my phone

·
Registered
496 Posts
the picture you sent me , is the fuel pressure regulator or FPR as most people call it on here.. if its leaking where the lines attach, where it looks like you tried to use sealant on it, then yes it needs to be replaced. if its leaking where it attaches to the fuel bowl, then you may just need to rebuild it with an oring kit. oring kits are cheap - if you need the entire FPR, then ebay, or a salvage yard might be a good choice. maybe - depeding what your luck is like - someone on here might have one they can sell you. alot of guys wind up converting their trucks to an electric fuel pump system, and deleting their fuel bowls and FPR's all together.

·
Registered
496 Posts
depending what your leak, or the issue is, MAYBE you can try some jb weld to buy some time as a temorary fix if you cannot find something quickly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya there is a crack in it but not wear the seals are. Crack is noticeable, we just put some JB weld on it for a temporary fix. How much is an electric fuel pump system? Thank you

·
Registered
496 Posts
electric fuel system conversions, done right, are not cheap. i dont have one, but am pretty confident saying youll find a replacement part cheaper than converting everything. it can get a little involved.

again - i dont know what part your talking about, but on here usually people are talking about the spring when they talk about mods.. and keep in mind that different year 7.3's have different types of FPR's

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
electric fuel system conversions, done right, are not cheap. i dont have one, but am pretty confident saying youll find a replacement part cheaper than converting everything. it can get a little involved.

again - i dont know what part your talking about, but on here usually people are talking about the spring when they talk about mods.. and keep in mind that different year 7.3's have different types of FPR's
It's a 1995

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have a new filter housing with FPR new fuel pump and the hard lines to the heads. left from my E-fuel conversion has like 500 miles on them. replaced leaking parts with new stock parts then decided to do the swap.

OR

e-fuel kits are on sale at beans right now for $850. you can go that route or make your own i didnt have time to piece one together so i bought the kit. next time i am going to make my own, It can be done for about half the price but a pain gathering parts basically you just need

two filter bases(i like the fm 100 that come in the kit some people dont) 100bucks

prefilter an post filter (60bucks)
oil pressure switch to shut the fuel off if oil pressure gets to low (NAPA 10bucks)

fuel line (maybe 30 bucks)

some wires (you can buy a roll for like 10 bucks)

relay (oriellys sells the same relay for offroad lights for a couple bucks)

electric pump from a super duty(100 bucks)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts