Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks-
Im looking into getting a new to me 6.4 - 2008 F-250 SRW Fx4 with 100k. I inspected it and drove it yesterday. Its clean and smooth as far as I could tell. It is a Job1 though.Here is the carfax ||
CARFAX Vehicle History Report on 1FTSW21R58EA32800 ||
One owner and looks to be fairly well maintained, but carfax doesn't show much detail.
The dealership is not a ford dealership, and when I asked for an Oasis report they said a what? report. They are supposed to be getting one today but thought id ask on here in case they couldn't figure it out!
I plan on getting an extended warranty of some sort as long as its a decent deal. So another question I had was, if I did DPF and EGR delete, and something went wrong, and I put the stock parts back on and brought it in, can they tell that I was deleted/tuned?

·
Registered
108 Posts
As far as can they tell if it's been tuned? I believe that if they do a thorough search it will tell the tale.

I am on the stump with mine (same as yours) I just can't decide because I can't do the work myself to justify the costs.

Subscribed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
As far as can they tell if it's been tuned? I believe that if they do a thorough search it will tell the tale.

I am on the stump with mine (same as yours) I just can't decide because I can't do the work myself to justify the costs.

Subscribed.
Just picked up my truck this morning and I stuck between buying the extended warranty or the mods. I am guessing the mods will defeat the warranty so I may pretend buying these parts is some form of warranty. After reading many posts on here it seems like the DPF delete and a few other things make the truck that much more reliable. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reponses guys. Yeah a grand+ for everything needed for dpf delete is hard to get the wife to understand on a truck that we will have just purchased. If it more reliable that way though its just gotta happen. I guess ive read more good stuff on dpf egr deleted trucks than stock. Just wish it didnt negate warranties.

·
Registered
207 Posts
An extended warranty is going to cost you a fortune most likely, you might as well spend that money and bullet proof your truck. All stock diesel engines have their weak links, finding those and fixing them before they become an issue is key to a reliable truck.

This site is a good place to start looking for mods or anything to help your truck run better and more efficient. A good place to look for good parts is dieselpowerproducts.com ; they have good deals and anything you can think of for your truck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts