Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I got an 02 f250 with factory helper springs and I really need some air bags for my new truck camper. I wanted to go with the “underframe” bags so I could have a fifth wheel hitch in the bed down the road and not have to remove them, but they rest on the factory blocks where they kind of “stick out.” I installed aftermarket 3” blocks and they’re literally just a block, so there is nothing for the bags to rest on. So I decided to go with the old school over the axle pack bags, but I have Helper springs. Can the bags be mounted on the Helper springs or do I have to remove them? Hopefully I didn’t explain things in another language haha.

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
29,510 Posts
you have to have enough room for the bags to rest uncompressed or you can lose suspension travel

below is a link to a image , i do not like this setup but it shows it can be done
i would build a bracket incorporating top shackle bracket if it was mine

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
Reactions: ZMANN

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
Scarey, ...mine sat right ontop of the spring stack, not clamped to the spring

can't get you a picture, since the truck was stolen in May

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Air lift makes a kit that mounts on the inside of the frame over the axle (kit#57393) if I'm remembering the kit number correctly. I'd go to either the Air Lift web site or Etrailer, they can tell you exactly what you can use.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Air lift makes a kit that mounts on the inside of the frame over the axle (kit#57393) if I'm remembering the kit number correctly. I'd go to either the Air Lift web site or Etrailer, they can tell you exactly what you can use.
Yeah this is the kit I want to get but I’d have to get different blocks again since I bought aftermarket 3” ones without the fin or whatever it’s called, (honestly I don’t know what it’s called lol). So I’m thinking I’ll just have to buy the factory f350 blocks.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
Both of these mount inside the frame, didn't find a vid for your year
Firestone does offer spacer pucks for jacked trucks and mounts inside the frame
The Lift Rite kit for your year mounts on top of the spring stack -- there may other options than was pictured above

Firestone (2004)

Air Lift 5000 Ultimate (2007)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts