Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

I have a chance to score an 8 inch rize 4 link kit pretty cheap. I was really planning on waiting to lift for about a year, but i might not be able to pass up this deal.

That being said. How big of a tire can i run at 8 inches? With my 02 i was told 37-38s and i ran 39.5s. Any chance the same will still hold true. I just dont want to run the old run of the mill 38s. Ideally i want to get to some 40s.....

Any help would be awesome for people running similar set ups...DO YOU HAVE MORE ROOM?

Thanks...:thumb:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
40's would probably fit with 8" lift but if your hauling anything i would get bags in the rear

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha...to go with the kit is the option to get some 40 toyos...as a package deal...so i was looking at that option specifically...

i also had the thought to throw a spacer on top of the coil for more like 9 or so....

i definately wasnt ready....haha

thoughts?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dude...tank how idd you get that military member thing on ur profile...i dig...

agree with the crawling cars...just a temporary fix for now

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
40's MAYBE....I have 8" on mine and 37's...they clear easily, but I am not sure 40's would fit.

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
I have a 10 or 11 inch kit and I have 40's on it with to much room still...Im going to test fit a 44, but probably do a 41....If you are going to run a 40 on the 8" kit, son't do the toyo as you won't be able to turn at all, it says its a 15.50, but its more like 18 or 19 inches wide...I know this from experience, I had to go bigger on the last truck. The IROK is a good choice, but beware, its wears very quick.

·
Registered
63 Posts
stunya,

40's and 8" are going to be stuffed dude. Take a look at these pics

8" Rize and 37's

8" Rize and 37's

8" Rize and 38's

In order to be functional I wouldn't go any bigger than 38's on 8"

·
Registered
895 Posts
I had the same question, Ive got an 8" fabtech lift and 38's right now, but I was really hoping to fit some 40's under it soon... Everybody I have talked to so far has said that the turning radius would dissapear very quickly with 40's... As soon as I find 40's on 24s. I am sold :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dammmmmmmmmmmmnit....haha...just want to clear those some 40s......argh

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok ok...how about 39.5 Iroks on 20s? i shaved .5 inch does that work?

HA

·
Registered
63 Posts
Raul,

Your bumper has a lot to do with additional clearance

1 - 20 of 71 Posts