Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm looking to buy a set of 4 front caliper pins with boots and a set of oem motorcraft front pads. I priced it at rockauto and wow was shipping a killer. I normally find this stuff pretty easily but can't find anywhere to buy that's reputable. Local dealer wanted 25 a pin or something crazy.

Thanks -
Scott

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
tousleyford.com....10% over dealer cost..give them a call

·
Banned
206 Posts

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
I don't know why you are so concerned with factory pads and parts. many times what you can buy else where is a improvement over stock. No need to replace slide pins unless they are frozen in the calipers. Make sure you lube them properly and the boots have no tears or holes. Napa has everything you need at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you do end up replacing your caliper slide pins, Ford has an updated pin set that is supposed to resist them getting stuck/seized in the caliper. These are definitely for the 99.5 and newer truck calipers because the accordian boots are different on my e99. I got this information from Guzzles powerstroke website in the maintenance section. He has a write up on the whole procedure that is very detailed and informative. Thanks Guzzle.

Upgraded Ford Slide Pin Kit (1 per side)
Part# Ford # 2C3Z-2C150-AA

Edit: I just check Tousley Ford site and found the slide pins were $15 per side.

Hope this helps.

sluhbmet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts