Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! I need new injectors and figured that now is the time to upgrade to something with a little more juice. but unfortunately having a CA 7.3 has made it a little tougher to find something that I want. which is funny because my truck is a 97 and is smog exempt in CA anyways. I have a ts 6 tuner and 3" downpipe with after market intake as well. its all set up for a mild street injector. I was wondering if I can put "baby swamp" injectors in my CA 7.3 while using the same IDM. or if I need to get a new non CA IDM. I'm aware that I will need to refresh my tuner as well or possibly need to get a non CA tuner. can't find any answers on existing forums. if anyone has any info on this that would be great.

·
Registered
621 Posts
As far as I understand it there’s only either a 110v IDM or a 120v. You can get 140v aftermarket ones but they’re not worth the money. You can run whichever injectors you want on either IDM, but the 120v packs a little more punch. Also, since it’s higher voltage, less amperage is required to provide the necessary power to fire the injectors, so things like UVCHs and plugs don’t burn

You should be fine to get whatever injectors and custom tuning you want, but it may be hard to get it shipped to California

If you’re still running the mechanical fuel pump, that’ll need changed out to run pretty much any injector larger than an AA. After that, your 15 degree HPOP and stock turbo will be the next things holding you back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts