Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting this message on my dash saying calibration completed. It also says please circle to calibrate. I've done the circle & it says its calibrated. How do i get this message to go away without taking to dealer.???

Reason i dont want to take to dealer is i have the DPF delete pipe on & i dont want to remove it all just for this.

Can i just put the stock tune back on & leave the DPF delete pipe on & take to dealer and get fixed??

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Look in your owners manual. Thats the compass calibration. There mustve been a step missed

·
Registered
742 Posts
no you can't put the tuning back to stock and leave the delete pipe on. You must have delete tuning to run the delete pipe

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Followed the steps in owners manual. Reset the compass & did 5 turns slowly till said calibration completed. It stays off for like a day then it comes back on again. I dont want to return it back to stock either just for this problem. Thought maybe someone here would have a simple fix...

·
Registered
25 Posts
You should be fine by taking it to the dealer. In the south where the modified lifted truck in much more common place, some dealers do not care. However in most of the country they do. What they will tell you is that anything will continue to be covered by warranty unless the problem was caused by the aftermarket modification. for example, if I have an engine problem but we put a tuner on it.....or a suspension problem after we put a lift on. For the calibration, i cant see why they dont cover it. Also....if one dealer in your area says they wont do it, just take it to another. The dealer where I am from gave me crap (Madison Wisconsin) as here lifted trucks are almost extinct. You can say I was the first person in a town of 250,000 to get an 8" lift on a truck. I told them to call Ford directly. They did, they claimed it would be covered, I have taking my truck there 3 times since.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
My dads 09 does this also. But he hasn't taken it to the dealer yet to fix it.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
My truck did this numerous times off and on while driving. After three days at the shop and replacing the whole instrument cluster, some part in the dash and finally the rear view mirror it was fixed. Turns out the compass behind your rearview mirror (black flat box) was the problem but in order to replace the compass they had to order the whole kit which included the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Hmm thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
The compass is not in the mirror, it is the little flat black box in between the mirror and windshield. Thats the electronic components for the compass but in order to fix mine they had to replace the whole assembly which includes the mirror. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Mine does it too but I just ignore it. I have taken mine in to have that fixed as well, and they did not fix anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts