Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a Cabin air filter on 02' F250's ? If so were is it located?

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Is there a Cabin air filter on 02' F250's ? If so were is it located?
I don't know but I been looking for mine too. I get that stinky smell when I turn the a/c on. I been thinking about spraying bleach or something down the vent tubes.

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
I see they sell them for the 99-00's but not for 01 and up, so maybe they don't have em anymore. I don't know where they are located at. I saw that on the taurus they are behind a cover on the passenger side firewall. Maybe the SD's are the same way. I tried google searching it for my answers, maybe you can find more by doing the same. Good luck!

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
I just found that for the 6.0's they are behind the glove box. Try looking there, seems like that would make sense.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, ill take a look behind the glove box saturday, or tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
447 Posts
If you find it, would you post up the location. I'd like to know this also.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
No cabin air filter on sd's...

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, that ansewerd every thing lol, thanks maintain

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I don't know but I been looking for mine too. I get that stinky smell when I turn the a/c on. I been thinking about spraying bleach or something down the vent tubes.
OMG, i thought i was an idiot, mine smell like fresh dirt when doing so???

WTF???:dunno:

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
No cabin air filter on sd's...
So how can I get rid of the stink that I get when I turn on the a/c. If I turn the vents on no smell, turn the heater on no smell, only smells for a minute and only when you turn the a/c on.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I wanna no to my 06 smells musty.

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
I can't remember where I read this but the stink supposedly comes from bacteria growing in the condenser? (Or some part of the A/C system).

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Spray Lysol down the cabin intake vent by the windshield with the air on low. unload a whole can. Lysol will kill bacteria , mold and mildew. It worked for me now I do it once a year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts