Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a spare 150 that has a nice cab on it and was wondering if the cab would swap over... I also need to know whats involved in this if anyone has info its greatly appreciated thank you all!

·
Registered
429 Posts
yes the cab should fit :thumb:, you will probably have to swap out all the wiring under the dash.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yea a 150 cab will work just swap out wiring and ur dash as long as the model years are close. Just got done puttin a 93 150 ext. cab on 96 250 worked out pretty well except we swapped interior so we had to make holes for the seats to mount. Wiring and such was simple.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
just go really slow and careful when you lift the thing, we did a similar thing last year only it was a 86 250 and a 91 350(different generations but it worked) and we missed a few wires and they snapped.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well today i found a 150 ext cab and a short bed is it posible that it would work out on a standard cab long bed frame... and thank you for the info so far.

·
Interior Guru
14,596 Posts
It will work with some fab... Put the cab on, and chop the 8ft bed down to size.

There is a 6 inch difference in the lengths of a standard cab long bed and an extended cab short bed. RCLB is 133" wheelbase, and an ECSB is 139" wheelbase.

But A Guy I know did this to his Reg cab long bed...
BEFORE:

AFTER:

Then this... lol:

All the same truck.

·
Interior Guru
14,596 Posts
haha, well it had an old 7.3IDI with a turbo, now its getting a 12V Cummins... and it has stacks too talk about a little bed?! lol

Guy did alot of work to the truck, and it gets nicer each time. Its also got SD Axles lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So looks like my awnser is to cut down the long bed to a slightly longer short bed.

·
Interior Guru
14,596 Posts
Yes, place the cab on, and do alot of measuring. Make sure you cut it SQUARE so everything is straight.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Keep in mind the core supports on gas trucks are different than the powerstroke to accommodate the diesel's huge radiator.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts