Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my ride has gotten pretty rough and clinking like crazy so I thought maybe shocks but then I looked under the cab and I'm pretty sure this isn't the way their supposed to look but maybe I'm wrong this pic is from the front passenger side in front of the front tire

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If this is in need of repair is this something I can do myself?? I've done all kinds of stuff on my own but didn't want to take on something I could mess up

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I do appreciate your response lol my ride has felt like crap for so time but when I looked at it all I could think is wow that doesn't look normal lol it's my first diesel so I'm still learning the ropes but again thanks for the response and I'll get on this asap

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious I've seen a set of cab mounts from day star I think its called and I'm forgetting the other name of that company but their all red colored mount bushings wasnt sure what was a good brand to go with

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
good luck getting the old ones off. you tube has a few videos folks have made replacing the bushings that I would recommend you watch first. I was able to replace 5 of 8 on my 08. I was able to break all of the bolts without issue but the 2-piece metal top and bottom of the bushing would not separate.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like a simple but painful procedure I've started watching videos my self and picked up a propane torch and a good long wrench for the front mounts so with the help of a buddy or two I'm hoping all goes well!! So far nothing has gone simple on this truck lol but at the end it ends up fixed some how

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all...FNG here. I'm about to take my 2010 6.4 back to my mechanic because of the bushings. This will be the 3rd, maybe 4th, time they're replacing them. The ride is quiet when I pick my truck up but when I pull a trailer they start "clunking" again. Pretty damn annoying!! Wish they'd get it right!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm I'm no expert by far but that doesn't sound right lol maybe using poor quality bushing or maybe a torque issue?? Wish I had a better opinion for you!! Got mine ordered hoping it's one and done for a good bit

·
Registered
34 Posts
good luck getting the old ones off. you tube has a few videos folks have made replacing the bushings that I would recommend you watch first. I was able to replace 5 of 8 on my 08. I was able to break all of the bolts without issue but the 2-piece metal top and bottom of the bushing would not separate.

I replaced mine too, I bought a set of the red ones by Energy Suspension, I was not impressed, they were much shorter than the factory & they say it won't compress like the factory ones, but they did, it actually sat lower than the OEM, so I took and cut a 1/2 inch spacer to make up the difference. With the Energy Suspension models you will need to supply your own hardware. If I was to do it again, I would buy the S & B mounts, They do come with all the hardware. So if you can get the old ones apart, I cut mine with a sawz all, (reciprocating saw) & then bought new mounts from Dorman & tossed their OEM like rubbers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts