Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do cab lights usually cost? Parts and labor? Would it be an easy install on an 05 F250 that did not come with them stock? Any recommendations on some cool lights?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there a possible factory template you can use instead of measuring and running the risk of not installing properly?

Also, how is the fitment on those recons? I have read that the gasket seals do not curve properly to our roofline

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
is there a possible factory template you can use instead of measuring and running the risk of not installing properly?

Also, how is the fitment on those recons? I have read that the gasket seals do not curve properly to our roofline
I dont know of any factory templates you can get.
I just taped everything off and did some measuring, its not that hard

The fit seemed great to me

The only thing I didn't like about the kit is the cheap screws it came with. I threw them in the trash and bought some stainless steel nuts and bolts. I also put a bit of silicone on them

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have to buy a factory electrical harness? Or does Recon include it? So how long would you say the install took?

·
Super Moderator
19,435 Posts
This is a good article on installing the lights. I have it bookmarked because I'm thinking of adding them too.

Cab light Install

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
I did mine, they are Recon, the kit came with a harness. it was super easy to wire up, but would have been easier yet if i had the factory harness. the lights were easy to do, just make sure you measure alot before you drill.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Do you have to buy a factory electrical harness? Or does Recon include it? So how long would you say the install took?
It comes with a harness, you just have to tap into a power source.

I think it took about 3 hours, but I had a lot of beer breaks :nod:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really want to do this. Just do not have the time to install. Did anyone pay to have them installed? How much did they charge?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts