Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my traditional LMC cab lights on top of my crew cab yesterday. It took about 4 hours or so with all the measuring. The hardware that came with the lights was terrible so I replaced it with some stainless screws from Home Depot. I spliced the power into the fuse box for the gauges rather than running to the passenger kick panel. I used my buddy's 97 as a template for measurements. Let me know what yall think!

Before:

During:

After:

(I'm on the right)

·
Beach Bum
26,652 Posts
Looks good :thumb: I would love to do this but Im afraid to drill holes in my roof :doh:.
tell me about it. i just ordered cab lights :crazy:

i was first gonna say that you added cab lights and painted the truck brown.

then i went back to read. :rofl:

that is a great job!!!! LOOKS GREAT!

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Looks good :thumb: I would love to do this but Im afraid to drill holes in my roof :doh:.
Piece of cake bud. I was 18 when I did mine. Measure, measure, measure, and then drill. Make these trucks look a lot better in my opinion

·
Registered
3,398 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I measured about 1000 times and marked everything with making tape and pencils and such. I used a good center punch to get the holes started. I made the mounting holes 7/64 and made the center hole for the wires 3/8 (I had to get them big enough to slide a splice through). I recommend getting a deburring tool if you're using a normal drill bit!

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'm real happy with how they turned out!

·
Registered
125 Posts
looks great:thumb: cab lights just make a truck look so much better. did you do anything to seal the holes? I have a small drip in my roof and its either coming from the windshield or from the cab lights haven't pinpointed it yet. :dunno: but I have a feeling its coming in from the cab light holes.:doh:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Me too. Im afraid its going to cause rust in the future. But if i do end up doing them im going to use the chevy style lights. Alot better looking in my opinion.

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Great job. It looks like it came that way from the assembly line :thumb:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was thinking about putting them on my truck but i have no idea where to drill the holes, space, where to wire it up at? i have a 96 f250 could anyone help me with dimensions? it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
170 Posts
bump ......

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
Looks like it came out great!

·
Banned
3,012 Posts
bump ......
Bumping up a 14 month old thread?:tard:

Anyway, they do look great. Are they spaced like that on all obs? on the sds they are spaced 0---0-0-0---0 those look 0--0--0--0--0

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would like to do the cab lights as well. What can you tell us about the headliner? Was it a pain to remove or did you work around it? Is it in two sections so it can be removed? I applied dynomat to my cab floor and doors a few years ago but did not do the underside of the roof because I did not want to jack with that huge piece. If I can kill two birds with one stone I might just give it a go. Your rig ROCKS!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would like to do the cab lights as well. What can you tell us about the headliner? Was it a pain to remove or did you work around it? Is it in two sections so it can be removed? I applied dynomat to my cab floor and doors a few years ago but did not do the underside of the roof because I did not want to jack with that huge piece. If I can kill two birds with one stone I might just give it a go. Your rig ROCKS!
Thanks for the compliment bud. As far as the headliner goes, I just removed the upper trim pieces that go between the windshield A-pillar and the B-pillar. That was enough (of course with the windshield interior trim piece removed) to allow the headliner to drop just enough so I could get my hands up there to feed the wiring. I premade the wiring harness outside the truck so when I was ready it was a real simple task to feed the wires up through the holes in the roof to the lights themselves. Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like the idea of prefabbing the wiring harness on the outside to make it easier on the install. Now....To SCREW up the courage to drill the holes. Thanks much for your reply.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts