Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 2015 f250. With 2,600miles. And I already have a muffler delete pipe.

Im wanting to get the S&B intake, MBRP boost tubes cold and hot. And tuning(not sure who yet)
Along with redline in the diffs and transfercase. And 5w-40 syn in the engine.

Im also thinking of gutting the CAT

What other CA mods and upgrades can I do?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A delete pipe and removing the CAT are not CA legal mods (they are not legal US mods either). You are very limited with modifications if you are looking for California legal mods only.

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,249 Posts
The only California legal things you can do to your truck is pay taxes on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A muffler delete in CA in NOT legal (yes, I understand its just the muffler....yes, it is still illegal). And yes, hollowing out your CAT will pass visually...but is still not a legal CA mod. And you will need a programmer once you complete the muffler removal and hollowing of the CAT which will disable the emissions...which is illegal in CA. Do you want to know all the ILLEGAL mods you can make in CA?

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,249 Posts
You don't need a tuner for a cat or muffler I don't think.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The DOC (cat), SCR and DPF are all in one VERY large housing. A delete pipe replaces the entire assembly and requires the use of an off-road tuner, or a legal tuner with off-road custom tunes installed to make the truck run. There is no muffler to delete. The closest you have to a muffler is a small resonator after the DPF.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts