Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get my truck DOT inspected and I can't have any check engine lights or ABS lights.

Originally I had a cut front wheel sensor wire was cut in half, so I assumed replacing that would fix my problem,

Was getting codes

C1096 ABS Hydraulic Pump Motor Circuit Open

C1145 Front right wheel sensor

I replaced the sensor on the right wheel with a ford OEM product. The ABS light went away for my 1st drive. Then it started showing up intermittently. Now it stays on permanently. This was over the course of 2 days.

I still get both codes, even though I replaced the broken R wheel speed sensor I still get a code for it as well as the other..

Does anyone have any idea on this, I'm finding next to nothing online.. Everything just talks about guys having constant running ABS motors but I don't have that issue.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ok a little update. I got rid of the 1145 code, I unhooked the new wire and hooked it up again and it went away. No more front wheel code.

The other code still persists, but I pressed the brakes several time, held the pedal to the floor and could hear the ABS pump run. I did this a few times and cleared the ecm codes.

I've driven 2 times now since about 20 miles total and the ABS light is no longer on, but I'm still getting the C1096 code on the ECM.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn, I can't believe no one has messed with ABS stuff. there is next to no info on ABS systems for these trucks I can find other than people swapping out sensors..

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i don't think this will be a sender it looks like the motor is part of the ABS internal monitored circuits ?

Yea the motor just comes right off the manifold and has two prongs that go through the manifold and hook into the electrical side. I fixed it, but I'll write a new post in case someone has the same issue.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I fixed the issue.. I'm not 100% what it was but it was either the ABS manifold block or the actual pump motor.

Now the manifold block from my truck even after I unhooked all the lines, the pistons that you see in the pictures I posted still stay out. I could push them in but they wouldn't stay in. Meaning I couldn't get the motor back on. I dunno if the pistons not retracting is what was wrong or not.

What I did, is I put the ABS assembly I hot from the junkyard back together and put it on my truck. For those that wonder I didn't have to bleed m,y brakes after doing this. Barely any fluid came out when I took the unit off my truck, so I poured brake fluid into the holes on the block I put on my truck. As I tightened down the brake lines it pushed the excess fluid out and I even saw air bubbles come out. I then topped off the brake fluid.

Started the truck and the code was gone because I'd already cleared it. Took it for a long drive and the code remains gone with no ABS light. Meaning either my pump motor was faulty or the manifold block was bad (ie the piston issue).

Oh and my powertrain code for the turbo & the body code both came back. I guess that was just a fluke they went away. it didn't make any sense to me why they's be affected but I guess that was just a fluke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts