Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we already are under the By Laws of the org, and of the Powerstroke Chapters. we must decide if we want any addtions them. Looking at Oklahoma and Texas, they have some good ones...

Texas Chapter Bylaws

I. Primary

Lonestar Powerstrokes chapter bylaws may not contradict the local chapter bylaws provided by Powerstroke.org. Bylaws contained herein are in addition to those provided by Powerstroke.org.

II. Membership

Local chapter membership is open to any Ford Powerstroke enthusiast residing in the state of Texas. Chapter functions may be attended by any Powerstroke.org member, but only Lonestar Powerstrokes chapter members may vote on any matters pertaining to the Texas chapter. Lonestar Powerstrokes logo must be located on the vehicle, location is up to the owner. Members must attend at least 25% of the Lonestar Powerstrokes’ events.

III. Chapter Events

All chapter events will be announced on Powerstroke.org, and in the Lonestar Powerstrokes chapter section. Any announced Texas event which draws 25% or more of Texas chapter members will be considered a qualifying event for maintenance of chapter qualification. Examples of chapter events include, but are not limited to, track meets, camping trips, picnics and wrench meets. Powerstroke.org national events such as the Southern Smoke Show and/or Diesel in the Desert can be considered a chapter event as long as 50% of the Lonestar Powerstrokes members are in attendance.

IV. Chapter Decision Making

Any decision made by Lonestar Powerstrokes will be handled by Lonestar Powerstrokes officers. Officers will first address Powerstroke.org administration. Once administration has approved, officers will turn to members to vote in the form of polls post on Powerstroke.org for all members to view. Any decision must have at least two-thirds vote from Lonestar Powerstroke members before it is confirmed. In the event of a tie or split, another poll will begin in which two-thirds of members must vote in the majority otherwise the matter with be handled by Lonestar Powerstrokes officers and Powerstroke.org administration with the best interest of Lonestar Powerstrokes in mind.

V. Sub Chapters

Considering the amount of possible members in the Texas chapter, sub-chapters among the Lonestar Powerstrokes maybe required. At this point in time, Lonestar Powerstrokes does not recognize the requisite of sub chapters. However, when members initiate concern and desire for sub chapters the issue will be addressed and a set of by-laws will be drafted for each sub chapter that will follow the by-laws of the Texas Chapter and Powerstroke.org.

VI. Removal From Chapter Membership Roles

A member may be removed from chapter membership at any time, at the written request of the member. A member may be involuntarily removed by a two-thirds majority of voting members. A vote for removal will be posted and left open for no less than 14 calendar days. Grounds for removal include consistently rude or obnoxious behavior toward other chapter members, or any actions which bring discredit to the chapter or Powerstroke.org.

VII. Removal from Office

Elected board members may be removed from office by a two-thirds majority of voting members. A vote for removal will be posted and left open for no less than 14 calendar days. Grounds for removal include failure to perform the duties of the office, or any actions which bring discredit to the chapter or Powerstroke.org

VIII. Amendment of these Chapter Bylaws

These chapter bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds majority of voting members. Means of casting and validating votes to be determined).

We can change them to suit our needs.....These are pasted directly from the Texas chapter. We have to change them, so we are not overtaking their doings.....

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i was thinkin

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
C.P.A. Chapter Bylaws

I. Primary

C.P.A. chapter bylaws may not contradict the local chapter bylaws provided by Powerstroke.org. Bylaws contained herein are in addition to those provided by Powerstroke.org.

II. Membership

Local chapter membership is open to any Ford Powerstroke owner and enthusiast residing in the state of North or South Carolina. Chapter functions may be attended by any Powerstroke.org member, but only C.P.A. chapter members may vote on any matters pertaining to the C.P.A. chapter. C.P.A. logo must be located on the vehicle, location is up to the owner. Members must attend at least 50% of the C.P.A.'S events.

We want all members to show interest in the chapter, come to the events and post on the forums. The orgs bylaws state we must have a certain percentage of membership attendance at all official events.

The only exception to this is our military members. We all know that you are working hard to help keep or country great. We also know that you will not be able to make it to some events, if any at all. The C.P.A. recognizes this and will not hold Military members to the same standards as non-military members. Furthermore, because of this, when counting membership percentage at official meets, military members are not to be included in the overall membership number. This is just for counting attendance and determining official meet numbers. Not ever disregarding the military members from membership in the C.P.A. . Thereby enabling us to have official events by membership percentage count with out having to have all military members in attendance.

III. Chapter Events

All chapter events will be announced on Powerstroke.org, and in the C.P.A. chapter section. Any announced NC/SC event which draws 25% or more of THE C.P.A. chapter members will be considered a qualifying event for maintenance of chapter qualification. Examples of chapter events include, but are not limited to, track meets, camping trips, picnics and wrench meets. Powerstroke.org national events such as the Southern Smoke Show and/or Diesel in the Desert can be considered a chapter event as long as 25% of the C.P.A. members are in attendance.

Any decision made by the C.P.A. will be handled by C.P.A. officers. Officers will first address Powerstroke.org administration. Once administration has approved, officers will turn to members to vote in the form of polls post on Powerstroke.org for all members to view. Any decision must have at least two-thirds vote from C.P.A. members before it is confirmed. In the event of a tie or split, another poll will begin in which two-thirds of members must vote in the majority otherwise the matter with be handled by C.P.A. officers and Powerstroke.org administration with the best interest of the C.P.A. chapter in mind.

V. Sub Chapters

Considering the amount of possible members in the C.P.A. chapter, sub-chapters among THE C.P.A. maybe required. At this point in time, THE C.P.A. does not recognize the requisite of sub chapters. However, when members initiate concern and desire for sub chapters the issue will be addressed and a set of by-laws will be drafted for each sub chapter that will follow the by-laws of the C.P.A. Chapter and Powerstroke.org.

A member may be removed from chapter membership at any time, at the written request of the member. A member may be involuntarily removed by a two-thirds majority of voting members. A vote for removal will be posted and left open for no less than 14 calendar days. Grounds for removal include consistently rude or obnoxious behavior toward other chapter members, or any actions which bring discredit to the chapter or Powerstroke.org.

VII. Removal from Office

Elected board members may be removed from office by a two-thirds majority of voting members. A vote for removal will be posted and left open for no less than 14 calendar days. Grounds for removal include failure to perform the duties of the office, or any actions which bring discredit to the chapter or Powerstroke.org

These chapter bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds majority of voting members. (Means of casting and validating votes to be determined).

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
disregard last PM Nick LOL sorry I was having a senior moment.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Sounds good to me:thumb:

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was like what the heck is Terri on? hehehee

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
C.P.A. Chapter Bylaws

I. Primary

C.P.A. chapter bylaws may not contradict the local chapter bylaws provided by Powerstroke.org. Bylaws contained herein are in addition to those provided by Powerstroke.org.

II. Membership

Local chapter membership is open to any Ford Powerstroke OWNER AND enthusiast residing in the state of NORTH OR SOUTH CAROLINA. Chapter functions may be attended by any Powerstroke.org member, but only C.P.A. chapter members may vote on any matters pertaining to the C.P.A. chapter. C.P.A. logo must be located on the vehicle, location is up to the owner. Members must attend at least 25% of the C.P.A.'S EVENTS.

WE DO NOT WANT TO HAVE ANY "LAZY" MEMBERS. THAT IS, WE WANT ALL MEMBERS TO SHOW INTEREST IN THE CHAPTER, AND COME TO EVENTS, AND POST ON THE FORUM. THE ORG'S BYLAWS STATE THAT WE MUST HAVE A CERTAIN PERCENTAGE OF MEMBERSHIP AT ALL OFFICIAL EVENTS. SO, WITH THAT, WE NEED MEMBERS TO BE ACTIVE IN THE CHAPTER, NOT JUST ANOTHER "NAME".

III. Chapter Events

All chapter events will be announced on Powerstroke.org, and in the C.P.A. chapter section. Any announced NC/SC event which draws 25% or more of THE C.P.A. chapter members will be considered a qualifying event for maintenance of chapter qualification. Examples of chapter events include, but are not limited to, track meets, camping trips, picnics and wrench meets. Powerstroke.org national events such as the Southern Smoke Show and/or Diesel in the Desert can be considered a chapter event as long as 50% of the C.P.A. members are in attendance. Is this a little high? Some of these events are held at far away distances and it may be difficult to get 50% participation, why do they have to be different from any other event?:dunno:

Any decision made by THE C.P.A. will be handled by C.P.A. officers. Officers will first address Powerstroke.org administration. Once administration has approved, officers will turn to members to vote in the form of polls post on Powerstroke.org for all members to view. Any decision must have at least two-thirds vote from C.P.A. members before it is confirmed. In the event of a tie or split, another poll will begin in which two-thirds of members must vote in the majority otherwise the matter with be handled by C.P.A. officers and Powerstroke.org administration with the best interest of THE C.P.A. CHAPTER in mind.

V. Sub Chapters

Considering the amount of possible members in the C.P.A. chapter, sub-chapters among THE C.P.A. maybe required. At this point in time, THE C.P.A. does not recognize the requisite of sub chapters. However, when members initiate concern and desire for sub chapters the issue will be addressed and a set of by-laws will be drafted for each sub chapter that will follow the by-laws of the C.P.A. Chapter and Powerstroke.org.

VII. Removal from Office

We also have members who are Military and that needs to be addressed, as well.

These are just a few of my concerns. What do yall think?

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Agreed.

ALL meets require a 25% attendance to be considered an official meet to qualify for our chapter. what you think about them taters?

Military members are extra special just because of what they do for us. If they are not able to make it to meet and greets, then of course we understand about that!

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
We need to put something in the by-laws about the military members, so it will not be held against us. I think most of the other chapters are doing the same. Let me do some asking about the 25% thing at the national meets. I am kinda unsure as to why they put the 50% there instead of the 25%.

Edit: Ok I found of depending on the number of members we have is what % of members we have to have present for it to be an official meet. So how many members do we actually have? 10-19 members we must have 50% particpation. IF that is the case then you were correct in putting 50% in there because that will be our minimum requirement. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, sounds good. Does anyone else have input on these issues?

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
We also have members who are Military and that needs to be addressed, as well.
Well I'm not exactly in the Military any more but I do work on a Military Base in Iraq on a Military contract working on Military aircraft and have to abide by Military rules. I hope this qualifies.

I did ask the wife if she would go to the SSS08 with my truck if I didn't come home by then and I got a "Maybe, we'll see". At least she didn't say no.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
Well sugar if she won't take the butt big girl I will be glad to baby-sit her for ya! LOL

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does any one have any other input to this thread? we need to get these finalized.

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
What's CPA? Just kidding.......

I don't think we should include the part about "LAZY MEMBERS" exactly the way you wrote. It goes from boring legal stuff to "saying it the way it is" and I'm not sure they are compatible! :hehe:

I'd suggest you just state the facts like "must be active in 50% of the events", etc. and leave it at that. My $.02. :crazy:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What I cant talk about myself? hehe, since I am so lazy all the time.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
sounds good to me

1 - 20 of 38 Posts