Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the best to buy and what are all the benefits to running one?

I basically want to know everything about this...

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Well there are many brands and I don't have one yet. But I'm leaning toward this kit, Oil Charge Systems - BUY PRODUCT PAGE / All KITS free usps shipping. in u.s.a.

And basically they take a small amount (compared to the factory oil filter) of your oil and filter it extremely well, usually down to about 1 micron. They usually filter all the oil in the engine several time an hour, which helps keep the oil clean and therefor helps reduce wear. Systems that use the Amsoil filters seem to get great reviews, as far as I can tell the Amsoil filters are very well engineered.

Here is Amsoil's site, AMSOIL - By-pass Oil Filter Mounting Kits they also offer kits and they get good reviews. Just make sure if the oil return is in the oil filter cap, that it has a tube on so the clean oil isn't sucked into your intake.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I would take a look at the FS2500 kit. It seems like a nice kit for the price.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you still need the factory oil filter?

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Do you still need the factory oil filter?
Yes you still need the factory oil filter unless you buy Amsoil's dual set up. The bypass type oil filter just takes a small oil flow and puts thru a very fine filter then the oil goes to the oil pan via a modified oil filler cap.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then I would be more interested in the dual set up... I'm trying to eliminate the factory filter.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Why do you want to get rid of the factory filter?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For simplicity. Instead of changing two filters out, just change the other oil filter...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts