Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed a dual remote bypass filter system on my truck. Mounted under passenger side with hydraulic hose. My question is will the system cause a sound when driving. Kind of a whine? similar to a alternator feedback on a stereo system. At some starts after reaching temp the engine whistle / whine is louder till I add a few hundred rpm and it goes away.

Any idea's?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I added some thick rubber to help isolate the filters from transferring vibration to cab and used rubber coated hose tie downs as well. Maybe hose is still touching somewhere tho.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its attached to floor pan. no difference in warm or cold weather.

·
Super Moderator
8,925 Posts
Are you saying it's an engine sound change or a sound that might be created by the by-pass kit?? How much did the kit set you back??

I've wanted to get one myself. I wanted to swap out the Amzoil primary filter for the OEM filter.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it would be a sound from the by pass kit. kinda of like a low whining noise.

If you get the amsoil bypass kit you will have to run there primary filter as the thread size is not oem.

·
Super Moderator
28,718 Posts
as you know a lot of bypass kits with just bypass filter slow the flow in the lines so no real high flow and potential for the pulsation buzz
but with the primary and secondary setup it is un dampened flow

I think if you used a big L bracket and mounted it to the frame and the filter head to that you could leave the filters about where they are but eliminate the contact to the body

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the filters base it self attached to a piece of bent sheet steal and wrapped around as a rock guard. It is secured at the transfer case skid guard bolts with a piece of thick rubber in between.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
This was after reaching full temp and stopping with truck off for 15min. you can hear the high pitch noise more toward the trans.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts