Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I am looking at mods realistacally as my dad is more hyped at me getting this truck then I am. :icon_ford: thank god hes cosigning. however...

I am thinking proactively about maintenance and was wondering who is running either a FS 2500 or a FASS or both and how do you like it.

I want to keep moisture out of the fuel and I want the oil to be in good shape so far I am looking at amsoil synthetic and a FS 2500 so I can keep my HPOP and Injectors happy.

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
The Amsoil bypass filtration kit is just as good and costs a good bit less. I still haven't gotten around to installing mine, though. :doh:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering about getting one for the transmission also. give the transmission some lovin. I wonder if it would help cool also.

man theres so much to choos from for exterior to engine to in cab customization to suspension...

my wallet should be afraid. very afraid.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
The torqshift comes with a bypass filter already installed, you just have to remember to change it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The torqshift comes with a bypass filter already installed, you just have to remember to change it.
I thought you just got a good tranny cooler learn somethin new everyday

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
there's a canister (black) under the passenger side in front of the tire mounted to the frame with a hex head on it. Inside there is a miniature roll of toilet paper that bypass filters the tranny fluid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts