Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the only place I could think of to ask a question. This truck I'm looking at is a fleet vehicle with reg cab, XL trim, 4X4 and SRW setup for snowplow capability (it doesn't appear to have been used for plowing) with almost virtually no body damage that I could find. I've got 20 years in dealership automotive parts experience including Ford (most recently 2007) and I was wondering, generally, is the 7.3 reasonably trouble-free? I don't remember too much when I was with Ford because I was too busy handing out parts and not necessarily paying much attention of what when where. This vehicle will probably mostly be sitting except for the occasional home use like hauling trash, loads of wood, etc. I just don't want to get into something that could be a money-pit. Thank you.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OASIS report defined

Over 20 years in the dealership field (this includes Ford among other Asian and European makes besides Domestic makes) I've learned that FoMoCo (Ford Motor Company) likes to use what are called acronyms (Wikipedia has a great definition for this word online at Wikipedia), for example, Ford's parts ordering system is called DOES 2000; Dealer Order Entry System 2000. OASIS is the same sort of thing except it's service department based not parts department based. I think the ASIS part stands for Auto Service Information System and it's used to look up the service records for a vehicle defined by it's VIN number in a database that's maintained by FoMoCo in Dearborn, MI (I don't remember what the O stands for). Anytime the vehicle has been to ANY Ford, Lincoln, Mercury delership for service work, this information is stored in their OASIS system. This included Recalls, TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins), etc. The OASIS report is available to authorized Ford dealership Service personell only, you must have a valid active login assigned to you from FORD and this is changed every couple of months for security reasons. I hope this helps.

Don W.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts