Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just joined and was hoping to get some expert feedback. im looking at getting a 05 6.0 and wanted to get head studs and an egr delete. so how much would that cost at a reputable diesel shop? just wanted to know how much to take into consideration when offering them a price. any info would be awesome thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Right off the bat? Are you planning on modifying the truck so much that you will blow the head gaskets? $5000 for everything you want including labor.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the truck wont be modded at all other than 35s and exhaust and maybe some other mods to help reliability. i was under the impression the heads would be a problem for the truck. it has 88k miles and was used as a work truck for 80k of those. so newb question i guess but just wondering. thanks for the quick reply :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
No, I would not say the heads are a problem until they are. You are basically going to be unmodified so I wouldn't worry about it. The truck I'm looking to get has 162k on it and I'm not worried about the heads at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts