Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im new here, and im looking at buying a PSD. A guy who works for my dad has a 97 CC LB he wants to sell but he hasnt marketed it yet on craigslist and such. It has 129k, leveling kit, 35 BFG allterrains, the interior is reuphostered in leather, it has a DVD player and what not......

Moving onto the questions, it has the entire banks powerpack system, along with the banks transcommand, the banks torque converter. So its got the banks exhaust, intake, exhaust brake, intercooler, turbo, chip, gauges, and whatever else comes with the banks stuff. He just put brand new 60HP injectors in it, and it also has maghightech diff covers and trans pan. The trani was redone 5k miles ago, and has a big trani cooler.

My question is, how good are banks products, and what should i look for in these pickups before i buy?

I know its been maintained correctly. We just replaced all the glow plugs, and the glow plug relay, also not long ago the lift and injection pumps were replaced, i believe for aftermarket, and it just got a new water pump.

I can get this beast for 9k, and its in good condition.

Let me know how banks products hold up, and any pros or cons to the current mods on the pickup.

Thanks-Kip

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
sounds liek a nice rig. Banks isnt the best, you pay for the name. but i dont know thats its all that bad either, just really expensive.

these trucks dont have IP's or LP's (Injection Pumps, Lift Pumps) just an FYI. since its been cared for i would assume the HPOP and fuel pump have been replaced respectivly. 9k isn bad at all.

check for leaks. find out whos injectors were put in, ie what brand. if your info performance, scrap the banks programmer and get a custom tune, TW, DP, PHP etc. TW seems most popular. i dont know about the others, but TW will reburn for free when you get new mods. welcome back to the org!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool thanks a lot! Yeah stupid mix up with injection pump and lift pump. Sorry.

Anybody else have anything to ad? Lots of views, 1 reply.

Thanks-Kip

·
Registered
388 Posts
From what you described it sounds like its a good deal. Like rid. nec. said above banks your basically just paying for the name but they seem to make quality stuff. I just bought a 97 4x4 crew cab fair recently for 6,500 but I got really lucky. The truck is in mint shape besides needing a A/C recharge and was leaking oil but they were easy fixes. I was actually offered 9,200 for the truck yesterday which is about going price for a nice obs truck here in fl. The transmissions are weak but it sounds like you have that covered. Check out powerstrokehelp.com he has a bunch of good videos about all powerstroke especially what to look for on the 7.3. Also depending weather or not its a 250 or 350 most 250 guys swap the front axel for a solid dana 60 especially if you are doing alot of mudding or offroading but its not a necessity. Good luck and welcome to org you will surely get hooked.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Sounds like a done deal to me Ace. Sounds like a real nice set up. I would buy it since you know what's been done to it. Good luck Bud. No time before you're hooked

1 - 5 of 5 Posts