Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

A couple months ago, I asked some questions in regard to buying my company's truck as my own (we sold the company). Well, I basically lost a game of Paper/Rock/Scissors to my buddy/business partner and she's not in my driveway. :(

Now I have "finance approval" from my wife to step up my search in a little higher price range. I'm after an F350 - Crew/Longbed SRW (or the right Dually) in the +/-50K mile range. One other thing is a must, I want the 3.73 rear.

I'm pretty sure the specs were printed on the door sticker of my old truck, but do any of you know how I could get that info off the vin number? I'd like eliminate any 4.11's before I drive to look at them, and I feel like that is information that would be easily confused over the phone.

Also, I plan on looking at Carfax reports for those I'm really serious about. Any cons I should know about in regard to them? I imagine they're worth the 10 bucks, just curious if anyone doesn't trust them for any reason - you never know.

Any advice at all is appreciated... (besides, BUY A 7.3!)

Thanks for the help.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Don't forget to get an oasis report. This only shows work at a dealer, but it will give you an idea on how problematic a truck was while young and under warranty. You can generally use this info to guesstimate how the truck will be for the long haul.

As far as gear, I dunno. But I know it should be on the rear end someplace, but I also believe it to be on the door jam sticker.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,782 Posts
I do not believe that the VIN number contains any information about the differential gearing.

·
Doesn't Even Care
18,044 Posts
There is a tag on the rear end, its attached to the cover with one of the bolts. When you look at it it will say 373 or 411. I beleive its in the first row of numbers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts