Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im thinking of buying an 06 powerstroke its probably the sweetest truck ive ever seen its got a 8 or 10 inch lift with 38 inch mtz's and 20 inch chrome dc-1's train horns lariat package i think crew cab short box the person said they had 10k in the lift and tires not including whats inside the truck i can get it for 26000 cause im gonna trade my 99 towards it cause the person wants mine :icon_ford: i think its a hell of a deal what do you all think?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok here is a picture of it its under the persons myspace so i dont know how to put it on here anyother way

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
hey man, right click on the picture, and choose properties. You can find the link for the picture there.

Then come back here and put this in your post

·
Registered
230 Posts
I dont think thats a good deal at all, I payed 28,500 at a dealer for mine with a 6in lift w/ 37's and 20's. It also it a lariat with the crome package with 40k miles on. Im not sure the specs on your truck but its problly worth some where from 8-11 thousand which means your payin about 36 gs for the truck and thats from a private party, you can really can get a better deal somewhere else i think

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
http://a117.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/21/l_23cd8fa544b223262372a6d244c6eec4[/URL]

·
Registered
412 Posts
I would defintly have an Oasis report done on it first. I learned from expriance that just because it looks good does not mean it runs good. Not saying anything bad about the seller, just go into any deal with an open mind. Have someone else look at it with you and just be leary. It is no fun being stuck with a lemon. "A sucker is born every day", just do not be one.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
has the trucks spedo been corrected to be accurate with the big tires, If not the millage will also be wrong. It will show less mile than than the truck actually has on it. I dont think its worth 26k + your truck. maybe 26 K by its self. With diesel prices soaring the marked is flooded with nice diesel trucks which brings down the value. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i know the person personally and its been babied she only drove it in the summer she never drove it in the winter everythings been done on the truck i was planning on jewing her down to around 23 or 22 she'd probably go for it you'd have to see this truck in person if you wanna see it i can send a pic just throw me your email

·
Registered
230 Posts
still seems to much :dunno: ... look up the private party value on both trucks and go from there

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
well i know the person personally and its been babied she only drove it in the summer she never drove it in the winter everythings been done on the truck i was planning on jewing her down to around 23 or 22 she'd probably go for it you'd have to see this truck in person if you wanna see it i can send a pic just throw me your email
If you'll give me the link for the myspace site you said it was on, i'll post it for you

·
Registered
578 Posts
Here is the pic:

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Its a great looking truck, I just think your truck plus 26K is way too much. Also, these 6.0 do not like being babied they need to be worked every now and then, a grocery store driver is not good on these engines.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
I dont think 26K is a bad price for that truck, but on 26K plus your truck is way too much, I think you should be able to get at least 10K for your truck pretty easy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts