Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanting some input on what I should get next. I'm getting a belated fathers day gift, but the wife is putting a cap on expense. I'm currently running the 250 tune, so here are the choices. The 275 tune, the new AFE stage 2 si, (I currently just have a pg7 drop-in), or a MBRP dpf back exhaust kit. If you could pick one, which would you choose and why? Id like to have all at once, but can't afford them!!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Hey guys, just wanting some input on what I should get next. I'm getting a belated fathers day gift, but the wife is putting a cap on expense. I'm currently running the 250 tune, so here are the choices. The 275 tune, the new AFE stage 2 si, (I currently just have a pg7 drop-in), or a MBRP dpf back exhaust kit. If you could pick one, which would you choose and why? Id like to have all at once, but can't afford them!!
The black exhaust just because it looks sexy!

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
the black exhaust, just because its bada55!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
AFE Stage 2... You won't be disappointed with that choice. The turbo will love you.

·
Warheads on Foreheads
1,812 Posts
i'd go for the intake since the dpf back exhaust is just more for looks, you'll see a boost in performance with the CAI

·
Registered
141 Posts
Flo-pro 5 inch to a 6 inch MBRP tip and spray the last section of exhaust with black paint. Cheaper and looks the same.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Do you still have your DPF? If I'm not mistaken the 210 and higher tunes don't run a regen cycle so your DPF would plug off.
If you don't have a DPF the intake would be the best bang for the buck. To run the bigger tunes you will need the airflow.
If you still have the DPF then get a downpipe back exhaust (as long as warranty is not an issue).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts