Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have researched tuners for about a month, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm looking at the Maxx and Spartan, downpipe back exhaust and intake (maybe).

I tow a 14K fifth wheel two to three times a month, so the trans shifting and lock-up with heavy loads and pyro monitoring is a big deal to me. I also put about 4K miles a month on the road empty. Only have 9K on it now. If you tow heavy loads, please chime in.

Things important to me:
Trans Shifting
Monitoring pyro
Programmer support
Fuel mileage (I get 7.2 to 7.5 when towing)
Power unloaded (still a 38 year old kid)
Being able to get the truck back to stock. If I break it, I'll pay for it, but I need it to be able to get back to stock to deal with things at the dealer that weren't the result of beating the truck to death.

Basically, it's all the questions that people normally ask except I'm looking for inputs from people who tow. If the truck was empty all the time, it would be a much simpler decision.

Thanks all for any input you can provide

Marcus
'10 F250 CC 4x4 SB stock for now

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Do some reading since this question has been asked and answered numerous times. You will get various replies from those that tow and those that don't.

I use my truck to tow for recreational purposes and I run H&S.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I appreciate the advice. I'll keep searching.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
The H&S Black or Mini Maxx will do exactly what you need it to as will the Spartan unit. Feel free to give us a call if youd like to go over the different options available. We have significant seat time with pretty much every tuner on the market.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
If you have any questions about the Spartan Phalanx, feel free to PM or email me!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I tow 5 days a week... 14k lb construction trailer.. I am running a SCT(stock tow tune), S&B cai,Flo-pro cat/dpf delete. Love it, I am getting 10 when I'm hooked 18 other wise. I typically drive 70percent hwy. My egt's seldom get above 1000 degrees. I have a 4.88 and stay around 65mph

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
146 Posts
I am running Spartan.
Tow a 15-16K toyhauler.
I like to use the 210 tow perf but the shifting on the lower gears can be a bit harsh which I think is a result of my truck being a Job 1 08.

Typically I use the standard 210. Power is amazing and egts stay low compared to stock. I see a max of about 1200 tuned but stock I was seeing 1400-1450 cause I was wide open on all the hills.

Economy is about 11.5mpg(using imperial gallons).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts