Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just put a deposit down on a 1997 f-350 crew cab 7.3 xlt truck. The truck has 280 some odd k on it, but the owner swears up and down the truck runs fantastic and has many new parts. The truck is lifted 4 inches, superlift, and sits on a super duty suspension. 35 inch dick cepeks with DC rims in 17 i think. Older style exhaust, i think a gator, full gauges, trailer brake, bully dog 4 position chip, mild tunes, intake, new ball joints tie rod, brakes all around. Title is clean, body is straight and true. Truck rides really nice, it feels very torquey at low speed. 4x4 works good. Guy says he bought it with 230 k on it from original Florida owner. Does not know if tranny was ever replaced, but says it was always maintained for and is working great. Engine has 287 k on it,looks clean under the hood, original, and as you can imagine, this is my fear with buying the truck. the guy was a mechanic, did all the work himself and changed fluids on the reg. With new headlights and looks like new grille, and truck bed and tonneu cover. The truck has a few minor rust spots on the roof near the windshield, but the rest of the truck is original paint and looks great. Would that scare you? normal? Ok, i am paying 7200 for the truck, what do you guys think of my decision....lose a 500 dollar deposit or buy the truck?!? interior is very clean, no rips or tear, only thing is steering wheel is a tad loose, he says its a cheap bearing or something? Anyone want to give me some advice?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I'd maybe see if you could talk him down a little...$7200 seems a like a decent deal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Heck...I'll sell you my husband's truck for $8500...and it's a 99 with 100K less miles...

just saying....

'course you'll have to pay cash and come pick it up while he's asleep....

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Hope Ryan doesn't see that!

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
Hey wait! What the %&*$

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
seems alittle too high for me, even if it runs great its got a lot of miles, just my 2cents

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know the miles are higher than some for sale, but for this price with all the mods the truck has, i was trying to get a second perspective on how much the mods on the truck are worth.... Say i bought a stock truck with 100k less but still the same money or more, and much more beat up. Anyone want to price it out with me? Trying to see if i made a good call. An engine with tranny with 130k is for sale on craigslist for 1975.00 give me a perspective on if something went wrong...

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
I wouldn't pay that much.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sounds a little pricey but if its the truck you want, I say go for it. You sound prepared to spend 1975 more for a drive train if needed, is that extra 2k available now? Could spend a little more and find lower miles or do some mods your self.

Dont know where your at and I'm not a big fan of red, but found this with a quick search. Half the miles, looks decent and could prob be had for the same price or less. Do small mods out of pocket when you can.

FORD F350 DIESEL

ETA: Gonna be out that ay this weekend and if its still for sale, I am going to check it out. Red or not, gotta love a nice OBS! :ETA

·
Beach Bum
26,652 Posts
Heck...I'll sell you my husband's truck for $8500...and it's a 99 with 100K less miles...

just saying....

'course you'll have to pay cash and come pick it up while he's asleep....
uhoh :bolt:

Hope Ryan doesn't see that!
:nod:

Hey wait! What the %&*$
Uh oh...Too late
:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

ok i bought a 97 psd with 325k on it. engine was rebuilt at 260k. owner did some damage and i basically fixed it.

anyway for 280ish k with a transmission, who knows when it will give out. but if it shifts firm and feels solid, ill go for it. but try to drop the price down some.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts