Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I found a 2005 6.0 with 136xxx miles on it and hes asking 15,500. The guy put a 6 inch lift and 37's on it 30xxx miles ago. He still hasn't re-geared the differential since he put the bigger tires on. Would this be a good buy considering that i will have to re-gear the differential?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Im running 37's on a 06 with 3.73's no issues. The 6.0 has plenty of power to pull them I didnt notice any difference to be honest.

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
yea dude thats a steal for that truck if its in good shape no need to regear

·
Registered
87 Posts
well what i was trying to say was that the tranny is going under alot more stress with the larger tires. its not a question of the motor being able to work that hard because the engine has more than enough power to do so. if you plan on doing any towing i would definateley re gear but if you dont plan on towing anything serious the tranny should be alright.

·
Registered
105 Posts
In my opinion, Its a 3/4 ton diesel not a mini truck. If a tire thats 2.5 inches taller than stock strains the tranny or anything else then Im gonna be lookin for another truck. I wouldnt hesitate to tow with mine. Only difference i noticed was my speedo is off by 5mph at 70 which is to be expected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
should I re-gear if im going to do any light towing like a car on a trailer? What gears should i change to?

·
Registered
105 Posts
All I can say is im running 37's and i would tow up to the max the truck is rated for without question. Its all up to you once you start driving the truck. Imo you wont notice much of a difference from stock tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts