Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
COONASS
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been gone over a couple of times...

I would like to know if stock is best. I know that stock is a lot more and they have lasted 150k.
OR
After market would be better. I know they are cheaper but is it worth it?
Also which ones have you chosen to go with after replacing yours and why.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I’m running the Daystar Kevlar on 2 trucks and won’t use anything else. Truck feels a lot tighter handling, and steering is even a little more responsive. You do feel a little more of the cracks and small bumps in the road, but proper tire pressure makes most of that minimal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
COONASS
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m running the Daystar Kevlar on 2 trucks and won’t use anything else. Truck feels a lot tighter handling, and steering is even a little more responsive. You do feel a little more of the cracks and small bumps in the road, but proper tire pressure makes most of that minimal.

I see that you are running the carli suspension... I am going to go that route when I get a chance... I am running my tire pressure at the recommended pressure from carli right now... will the truck "ride" the same or better???

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I see that you are running the carli suspension... I am going to go that route when I get a chance... I am running my tire pressure at the recommended pressure from carli right now... will the truck "ride" the same or better???

After the suspension or cab mounts?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a noise/rattle or loose something under the truck. Tha cab bushings look fine. If was driving any vehicle other than this I would say it sounds like loose shock... I seems to be in the rear and you only hear it slow driving over bumps and cracks in the road... Any Idea's ?? Not the exhaust, that's all new and was doing before. It sounds pretty solid, not like a tinny sound... Can the bed be loose ???

'04 F-250 CC .

Thanks !!

Dan

·
COONASS
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Cab mounts.

In my case the stock mounts were bad, cab was constantly rocking/jerking going down the road. The Kevlar got rid of all of the movement so that was improved. They are firmer than stock so you feel more of the road, which I like. I think it’s up to your preference, but to me it’s nice and never harsh.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I replaced all of mine in my 06 with oem parts, a buddy of mine replaced his with the poly and the darn truck rides rough and squeezes like crazy. Just saying.....

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I replaced all of mine in my 06 with oem parts, a buddy of mine replaced his with the poly and the darn truck rides rough and squeezes like crazy. Just saying.....

There’s a big difference between untreated polyurethane bushings, and the coated Kevlar bushings. Proper torque plays a part also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts