Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Burned cylinder at 67400km wont warrenty!

I bought my F-550 6.4 in feb. 08 after waiting an entire year for it's completion. The vehicle has been in the shop almost as much as on the road. I would say that all the problems started that summer after the first recall to change the regen unit to only run while in gear and not in park as before. Now the regen never shuts off. I drive only in the city and turn the vehicle on and off 120 or more times a day. The dealer told me the engine was designed for this kind of abuse. My bad,I beleived him and Ford. But I,m not here to vent, I do have a question. The engine was leaking oil from top rear at only 64700km. The dealer replaced the the rocker covers,rocker gaskets ad wiring harness. When I picked her up they told me the mechanic had removed 9 extra litres of oil from engine. I asked,should that not have voided the warrenty. They said don't worry about it.[there is no mention on the work order about the extra oil] This occured in April 2010. Near the end June 2010 the engine light came on and the oil light. I took the truck to my mechanic who checked and showed me the level was fine. The dealer is telling me the engine is blown and they won't onhor the warrenty! Why you might ask because of too much oil in engine back in April.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well if their is no paperwork trail showing the extra oil I would fight them. As a lawyer will tell you, it's not about what you know, it's all about what you can prove in court.

·
Registered
221 Posts
There is a thread in this section talking about how fuel gets into the oil during regen and if this is the case with your truck then they have to warranty it because it's a design flaw

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Get a lawyer and threaten the dealership about going to Ford corporate.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
If there is no documentation regarding the high oil level, I'd say it should have warranty.

Without documentation... What high oil level?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Doesn't anyone that own a damn vehicle check their fluids anymore??????

If you aren't checking your oil, anti-freeze, tranny fluid, ect. at least every other fill-up you are asking for what you are going to get!!!!!

Sorry for the rant. I second Hillbilly it should be under warranty. If that dealership is still dragging their feet take it to another dealership.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts